Thread: Aftermarket ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    B16b EG5

Aftermarket ECU

Looking at an aftemarket ecu for my eg with b16b. Now been told to go for an ecu which is either for b16b or b18c7. I am looking for a spoon ecu, however there seems to be an abundance of b16a spec and none for dc2r/ek9. So i was wondering if the b16a spec ecu would be doable? any thoughts? not looking at spending heaps

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    what ecu is running the motor at present?

if u must cheapout on the ecu,u'll prob get better bang for buck with a secondhand VAFC & just knockin some of the factory richness off the stock ecu & resetting the ecu often,than playing with spoon crap.

spoon dont know how your motor is setup & what fuel your using,so u cant really expect them to know how to tune your car either.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    As CRXer said Bang for buck Piggy back Apexi Vafc 1 or 2 is a good way to go for mild NA tuning but if your looking to do some heavy mods in the future get a Full aftermarket ECU. Im running a b16b Apexi Power FC ECU and hand controller on my b16a2 so im sure others would go vice versa. But i think first you will have to find out what stock ECU or wiring you currently have in your car ODB1 or ODB2
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    unless u get your hands on an original spoon and not those fake spoon chips, i'd stay away. THe cost of one though is pretty expensive.

The other option is a PFC Plug & play for a ek9, which has a map already included in it for a ek9
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    unless u get your hands on an original spoon and not those fake spoon chips, i'd stay away. THe cost of one though is pretty expensive.

The other option is a PFC Plug & play for a ek9, which has a map already included in it for a ek9
    I wouldnt use the stock map. But good for a run in or just to get around until you can get a proper tune done on it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    yeah the map is just your stock base map for the ek9, but at least you will be able to run it.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    B16b EG5
    ok well i dont want to go piggy back as i feel they are a waste of money. Im pretty sure i'm obd1, i got i/h/e so want to get them tuned in good a proper and in future perhaps looking at cams, valves, retainers... etc. But for now just wanna see what figures it can get, as well as having everything all good and smooth.

I'm thinking a hondata s100 which was offered 2nd hand at reasonable price. Any thoughts?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    I use the Power FC and i love it. But i have only heard great things about the hondata ECU's and i would probably get one if i didnt have the power FC.