What aircon parts to use on EG hatch with B-series engine.?

This question is for the guys running a B-series engine conversion in a EG hatch with aircon.

Did you keep the original aircon parts from the D series (compressor, condenser, lines, etc).?

or

Did you use b-series aircon parts.?

I'm looking at installing AC on my EG hatch, curently have d-series AC parts from another EG. All i need is the compressor. Not sure which i should use, Compressor from a D or B series.

- Will the compressor from a D-series mount up to the B-series block.? Or will i need another bracket.?

- Will the lines from the D-series AC match up to the compressor from a B-series.?

Cheers,
    Gerald
    www.groundupgarage.com

Account Disabled Array
    Use B compressor and the rest D-series

There is a local shop down in hoxton park rd that does air con. He will match the old d-series hoses to the b compressor. He charges like 300 -350 with gasing. Make sure you bring the B-hoses ends to him as well so he can cut and weld onto the D-series hoses

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    i got a spare bling bling hasport d-compressor to b-block bracket if your interested,only prob is u cant use the original power steer bracket with it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    i got what you need
    b series compressor lines and b series compressor
    plug and play

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    The lines are all the same in the D series and B series but the Pumps and everything else is different. So If you had a EG with a D series and did a B series Conversion you should be able to plug up everything that came with the B series into the D series Aircon parts. eg piping, air con radiator, condensor etc etc.

I've removed my whole aircon setup from my EG also so i have everything you may need aswell. And mine was orgininally an EG with a D15b4 converted to b16a2
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Cheers for the replies.

I've been reading up on some info from the US forums. Seems like a few of the guys there are running the D-series ac parts with the B-series engine.
    They used the compressor from the D-series and mounted it on the B-series engine by using the AC bracket from a CRV or Delsol... Has anyone down here tried that.? Might give it a shot. Seems like the cheaper option.

::FASTFWD::
    Did u remove the AC once u did the conversion.? or were u running it on there for a while after u did the conversion.?
    www.groundupgarage.com

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by G3RA1D View Post
    Cheers for the replies.

I've been reading up on some info from the US forums. Seems like a few of the guys there are running the D-series ac parts with the B-series engine.
    They used the compressor from the D-series and mounted it on the B-series engine by using the AC bracket from a CRV or Delsol... Has anyone down here tried that.? Might give it a shot. Seems like the cheaper option.

::FASTFWD::
    Did u remove the AC once u did the conversion.? or were u running it on there for a while after u did the conversion.?
    Yeh i did. I had it all working fine but when i went turbo i removed it.

I even had a guy who had a faulty d series pump almost come buy my b series to see if it would bit. The three bolts look like they line up very close but im not sure if they do. He never bought it cos he wasnt 100% sure.

Im pretty sure everything is interchangeable in the D and B series decides the pump. Which you said you can get that plate for it.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!