Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Although that method seems to work, I dont like jaming the VTP to the VTS,
    never had a problem with the extra load and resistance of the relay before either. Disabling the VTP in the code is by far the best option.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    i know what u mean,i didnt like VTP straight to VTS either when i first saw it,but i just cant think of a situation where a problem might arise,maybe i missed something.

i dont know what the VTS output is rated at but it wouldnt hurt to just use the smallest relay u can find to save burning it out,something like a little 5-10A relay.i could just imagine somebody throwing what ever they found in the garage like a 150A or something & spending all day at the track on vtec & BAM...no more vtec,lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA3 Integra
    So in order to go down the relay option, I actually need to add an external relay to the wiring to get this to work?

Sorry for being a noob, but all you guys are being a great help.
    You never go ass to mouth!

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    yes,to use a relay,u need a relay,lol.

its up to u,which way u go,i cant see anything wrong with bensons method,but if u want peace of mind then use a relay.

just get a relay rated at something less than say 30Amp(the smaller the better),just dont get something rated at 50Amp+. Make sure it is SPDT & has a 12Vdc coil & wire up as per diagram given.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    and no diode across the relay coil

Member Array
    Car:
    DA3 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    yes,to use a relay,u need a relay,lol.

its up to u,which way u go,i cant see anything wrong with bensons method,but if u want peace of mind then use a relay.

just get a relay rated at something less than say 30Amp(the smaller the better),just dont get something rated at 50Amp+. Make sure it is SPDT & has a 12Vdc coil & wire up as per diagram given.
    lol, as straight forward as it sounded, i thought i'd better check.

cool. i feel confident now to know what i'm doing. i'll give it a go over the weekend, and as expected, i'll post if i have issues.

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    DA3 Integra
    Okay, so I've gone out and bought a 30amp 5 pin relay (it was the smallest one they had at supercheapauto) so now I can see what's going on... My last question is just about how to physically wire it up... So the VTP is fine, that wires straight from the ecu into the relay... But for the VTS, do I have to do anything special, or is it just a matter of tapping into the wire and hookng it into the relay?

Cheers

Car:
    twin GX160's
    yes tap into the wire and run it to the relay