Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by joyride View Post
    whoever that told you its not illegal should confirm it with the local police/motor registry.
    The guy that told me never said anything about illegal or not.. he just didnt mention it, thanks for mentioning it here

Newcomer Array
    So how did it go? Did you ended up chopping it? or..? Share please im intersted

Quote Originally Posted by antO View Post
    So how did it go? Did you ended up chopping it? or..? Share please im intersted
    haha nah man no chopping, my friend mirage just chopped his springs with a metal saw, he installed it.. looks great but fakk... no good on corners and high speed. no good ><"
    so i'll go for king springs hopefully after i get my leaking exhaust done.

chopped springs = shiet. lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Ferio Sedan
    jdm EG5
    I had chopped king spring before on my EK sedan.. yeah it was very uncomfortable ride and handling.
    Btw .. i think i spotted your car along Wentworth ave, Pagewood on sunday arvo.

around what time? neways arent king springs always hard?? I had pedders for my EG and they were more comfortable than my friends king springs with same inches lowered.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Ferio Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmEG5 View Post
    around what time? neways arent king springs always hard?? I had pedders for my EG and they were more comfortable than my friends king springs with same inches lowered.
    Proly around 4 or 4:30 ish???.. you were heading toward Botany rd and i was heading towards Eastgarden.
    I found that Kingy much more comfy than Pedders .. yeah just my opinion ..

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    mate had chopped springs, the shocks fkd out then started munching the bump
    stops....

another mate also had compressed springs, they fkd the shocks also, and again
    ate away at the bump stops

chopped springs are illegal because they are at risk of falling out of the shock
    absorber plates that the springs sit on, and they also dont allow travel once the
    shocks are fkd... ur supposed to have 2 3rd's suspension travel, so this highway
    patrol officer told me, he got me for being too low. on coilovers...
    even though coilovers are legal...
    Vince

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    mate had chopped springs, the shocks fkd out then started munching the bump
    stops....

another mate also had compressed springs, they fkd the shocks also, and again
    ate away at the bump stops

chopped springs are illegal because they are at risk of falling out of the shock
    absorber plates that the springs sit on, and they also dont allow travel once the
    shocks are fkd... ur supposed to have 2 3rd's suspension travel, so this highway
    patrol officer told me, he got me for being too low. on coilovers...
    even though coilovers are legal...
    cheers for that mate.
    I'll go for no chopping springs.

mod please close this thread.

thanks everyone

Moderator - here to help Array
    close as requested. good to see you wont be chopping it.