Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: S2000 service..

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    i finally went to the honda dealer 2day in essendon and they told me that the type of oil im using which is 10-w40 is the best 2 use after 100,000kms. they also said that s2000s naturally drink the oil and need to be topped up regularly. they also said that the f20c engine needs to be driven like its being thrashing because thats how the engine was made and by being pushed, the engine is lubricated properly. If it is driven 2 soft, the oil will go like that. quite weird but i guess thats wat u get 4 having a sports car 4 daily drive

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    i was under the impression that the oil burns due to the way the oil pan is designed.

and as the car goes through corners it burns oil

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    No it's a oil control ring issue actually. Putt it or thrash it they chew oil. Some little some lots.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    hmmmmm..i dunno
    im lost rofl
    im jus gona keep checking and topping my oil weekly and leave it at that. any1 got any suggestions on good quality brands of oil they have used 4 the s2k?

Motul all the way. I used to use X-Cess 8100 5W40 and that let the engine rev very well but recently I used my mechanic's recommended Motul X-Cess 8100 10W30 and that made the revs rise and drop at a more controllable and smother rate.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    thanks man. ill keep that in mind and give it a shot. =D hopefully those will work