Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: k&n

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    you'll lose power with the airbox lid off due to heatsoak from the engine bay.

im sure the flywheel also has something to do with it. i think i remember reading it reduces torque at the wheels but im not sure if it was in a dream or somewhere real
    -S15R-

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    lol i know having the lid of will heatsoak it but i didnt think it would make that much of a difference :| i remember reading it here also jae but i cant find it lol how gay lol, looks like i really needa buy that fipk so i have the loudness + good induction

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    Quote Originally Posted by F20C View Post
    lol i know having the lid of will heatsoak it but i didnt think it would make that much of a difference :| i remember reading it here also jae but i cant find it lol how gay lol, looks like i really needa buy that fipk so i have the loudness + good induction
    i doubt the fipk even does that much difference. you'll still have heatsoak issues as i dont think the fipk has a cover.

get yourself a decent filter, get a snorkel or something for the stock airbox gut the box and leave it at that. for the money there are better ways to get power imo.

most mods on the s2000 will net you barely any extra hp, some even causing you to lose it. if you want power look at sc or turbo, you'll save yourself money down the track. the pull your referring to is a result of torque, and torque is very hard to squeeze out of these cars
    -S15R-

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    well the fipk has a wall if you would behind it next to the engine so no hot air is comming from there.. I just want the sound thats all.. im not looking for big power gains but a guy from indianapolis showed me a dyno of a few of their s2000's at a meet with just the FIPK and they made 5-9hp from it.. :S

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    ah. the wall will not do much as its still drawing air from inside the engine bay which is hot air. ideally you would have air ducts diverting fresh air from the outside directly towards the pod. maybe look into that.
    -S15R-

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I look into some filters and let you know on what i find sometime jae thanks dude.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    just got the k&n drop in filter....

My review: Meh... no differences... as expected

i just got it as my stockie is dirty and needs replacement...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    hey rooku do you have your cover on or off? lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    I have it on. Why have it off?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    curious, thats all.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    performance > noise. i have a mugen filter oiled using the k&n stuff, i think it flows slightly better than stock
    -S15R-

Hey I am running the K&n in the standard air box, never noticed any difference but I have seen dyno results back to back and the snorkle seems to be the go...

On the heat soak issue ....For me my heat soak has totally disappeared you my ask how did I do it WELL you my believe me or you don't this may be helpfull so .....one day I deceided it was time to check the valve clearance on the s2 as I have not done this for a while I was a bit rusty with the feeler guages and set the valve a bit loose on the honda specs...car ran smooth and then the hot day came well heat soak was worse...checked valves again made them a little tighter still with in honda specs ....still had heat soak on the next hot day.....tightened valves to the tightest honda specs and have NEVER had heat soak since.....NEVER ...pretty good... get out the feeler guages
    Pin It To Win It