Page 327 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 2272773173243253263273283293303373774278271327 ... LastLast
Results 3,913 to 3,924 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type-R

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    they look like the non smoke ones.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    they look like the non smoke ones.
    Hmmm...............they look like non smoked, non factory hid, probably non hid

Irrespective, even reflectors should project decent light!

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 JDM EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by blk_shadow View Post
    hahaha...maybe he meant that the beam isn't spread wide enough till you can see it on the front side as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    What I meant was when I'm cornering on a right hander, everything behind the A-Pillar, ie out of my drivers side window, is in near darkness.
    LOL...i got that...was just joking around...hence the

Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    tell that to my ED when i got it...i could barely see 10m infront of me with the regular bulbs and reflectors...thank god for eBay HIDs...LOL
    sai_ANN...!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type-R
    Hmmm...............they look like non smoked, non factory hid, probably non hid

non factory HID?

From my knowledge the C-Package included the HID's and since this is the standard prefacelift headlight, this is what the HID's were put into before the facelift headlights came about.

Can someone show me what the smoked headlights look like? Or are they simply the facelift projector housings. Also, is there a difference between the Type-R headlights and the normal facelift Civic headlights?

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    dude,
    1. your headlights do not appear to be the factory type r smoked HID headlights.

2. Nevertheless, the HID's installed after compliance may be cheap ones or may just require a small adjustment.

3. Your car could not have been the first one in Oz, as I'm sure others here would agree.

4. C-Package, yes does come standard with HID's but what we're saying is that even though it is the prefacelift (PFL) headlights, they should be smoked as standard on all Type-R's.
    The PFL Type-R headlights I believe are the same as the normal EU Civic headlights, only difference is the standard EU Civic's are chrome and Type-R's are smoked. Just google it.

non factory HID?

From my knowledge the C-Package included the HID's and since this is the standard prefacelift headlight, this is what the HID's were put into before the facelift headlights came about.

Can someone show me what the smoked headlights look like? Or are they simply the facelift projector housings. Also, is there a difference between the Type-R headlights and the normal facelift Civic headlights?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type-R
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRyder View Post
    dude,
    1. your headlights do not appear to be the factory type r smoked HID headlights.

2. Nevertheless, the HID's installed after compliance may be cheap ones or may just require a small adjustment.

3. Your car could not have been the first one in Oz, as I'm sure others here would agree.

4. C-Package, yes does come standard with HID's but what we're saying is that even though it is the prefacelift (PFL) headlights, they should be smoked as standard on all Type-R's.
    The PFL Type-R headlights I believe are the same as the normal EU Civic headlights, only difference is the standard EU Civic's are chrome and Type-R's are smoked. Just google it.
    Ok, in response to your post, I was not aware that the CTR's had smoked headlights as standard. Looking at EP3's on carsales, its very subtle and in photos taken of my car since the HID's were "reinstalled", my headlights look pretty much the same as the photos of cars there, could it be just a matter of lighting conditions?

As for your second point about cheap HIDs, yes this thought occurred to me too, and I hope they aren't but hopefully I'll be able to compare side by side with another EP3 owner in future.

3rd point, I meant I'm the first owner in Australia of THIS car but not the first to own an EP3 here of course.

And if these ARE nonstandard then, damn. That would be annoying, though I suppose I could look at ordering the Type R projectors.

The following picture was taken last night. The picture several posts up above, was taken at the dealer before any retrofitting had been done. I feel a little sick thinking about all the expenses building up after having had this car for not too long, but I guess this is all part of the ownership experience..
    Last edited by Jibz; 28-06-2009 at 11:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    Ok, in response to your post, I was not aware that the CTR's had smoked headlights as standard. Looking at EP3's on carsales, its very subtle and in photos taken of my car since the HID's were "reinstalled", my headlights look pretty much the same as the photos of cars there, could it be just a matter of lighting conditions?
    Indeed, it is hard to see from a photo, best to be inspected in person.

As for your second point about cheap HIDs, yes this thought occurred to me too, and I hope they aren't but hopefully I'll be able to compare side by side with another EP3 owner in future.
    Good idea, just compare to another EP3 and see. You could even check with a Facelift (FL) model for the smoked headlights.

3rd point, I meant I'm the first owner in Australia of THIS car but not the first to own an EP3 here of course.
    Figured it was what you meant. But all good.

And if these ARE nonstandard then, damn. That would be annoying, though I suppose I could look at ordering the Type R projectors.
    Up to you mate, I was tempted to do the same but hard to find.

The following picture was taken last night. The picture several posts up above, was taken at the dealer before any retrofitting had been done. I feel a little sick thinking about all the expenses building up after having had this car for not too long, but I guess this is all part of the ownership experience..
    That is why we all share our stories/issues/questions and clarifications here. Welcome to the club mate.
    Last edited by NightRyder; 29-06-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by p3p5y View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. I'll check out the O2 sensor tomorrow for any loose connections and if all is okay, I'll clear the ECU via the battery. Hopefully the engine light doesn't come on again.

Thanks all.
    Just an update for you all, I used this method here to short some PINs of the OBD2 port to get the lights to blink on the ECL. The lights blinked '41' meaning the error message given was DTC P0134: A/F (Sensor 1) No Activity Detected.

Anyone know where's the cheapest place to obtain a primary O2 sensor for the EP3? Is it the same part as the AUDM DC5R?

I hear Honda sells it for $500 genuine and that's nuts.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    There was a few people selling them in the 4sale posts not so long ago. Have a look

There was a few people selling them in the 4sale posts not so long ago. Have a look
    Cool bananas. Sent some PM's just then. Thanks Neo

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM CW EP3R
    when under hard braking do the ABS system make your car shake in your EP3's?