Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro

ED6 Civic Blowing Smoke & auto gearbox not changing correctly

Hi Guys,

My mate just bought an ed6 with the d15b4 motor. He has replaced the motor in it with the same one. The motor that has gone into it is blowing smoke, the choke is always on even when the car has been driven around and the auto gearbox is not changing gears correctly. He needs to take it to about 4500rpm in first for it change into second gear and for it to change to third he needs to go about 75-80kms and then it changes into third.

What could be the problem???

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting car
    try changing the gearbox oil, or topping it up even

I had the exact same gearchange issue, how many Klm has it done? when looked at by a reputable mechanic, the said replace it, way too expensive to fix the gearbox, so I am replacing both engine and box with a set out of an EG, now I just have to wire the damn thing up haha

Mind you, could be low on oil

Regarding the engine, could be a dud replacement engine, maybe give all the linkages a spray with WD40, take the filter assembly off and see if anything is stopping the choke working

Cheers, Tseesinn
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Member Array
    Car:
    1995 eg civic VTi
    mmm, i would replace the trans oil, run it for a while til it gets stinking hot, then replace it with fresh trans oil. In regards to to holding gear, check the kickdown cable, it might be too tight, you need a bit of slack in it. your auto choke may allow it to blow smoke, caus eits running rich, you will need to replace it. if you need help with these, let me know, as i work for honda.......

How much smoke is it actually blowing? If the motor that went in is secondhand the list of things wrong could be endless.. It could be the vale stem seals, it could be rings. You wont get a right answer on a forum because we cant actually see the car. As for gearbox, if you want it to last, recondition it. No point in wasting time "trying" to find a cheap way around the problem.

As said previous, Check the linkages/cables to the choke, but they are pretty common on d15b4. Id say change it.
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by richy b View Post
    mmm, i would replace the trans oil, run it for a while til it gets stinking hot, then replace it with fresh trans oil. In regards to to holding gear, check the kickdown cable, it might be too tight, you need a bit of slack in it. your auto choke may allow it to blow smoke, caus eits running rich, you will need to replace it. if you need help with these, let me know, as i work for honda.......
    Gear box fixed kick down cable frayed replaced and new gear box oil put in. as for the engine blowing smoke found a miss in it replaced spark plug leads only blows smoke now at high rpm. Could it be the rings, as it is only at high rpm now.

Member Array
    Car:
    1995 eg civic VTi
    mmm, id still look at the auto choke, maybe its stuck on. id also compression test the motor, rings could be blowing smoke