Page 40 of 112 FirstFirst ... 30373839404142435090 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 LUX NAV
    Same issue here, 20K on clock ticking as mad.
    Will be giving some fuel samples this week to Honda dealer, hope Honda will come up with solution ASAP

Member Array
    Car:
    SeeYou2
    Quote Originally Posted by BatRambo View Post
    Same issue here, 20K on clock ticking as mad.
    Will be giving some fuel samples this week to Honda dealer, hope Honda will come up with solution ASAP
    WTF!? I thought a solution was TO BE PROVIDED this month, NOT "to be tested"???
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 LUX NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by nickxau View Post
    WTF!? I thought a solution was TO BE PROVIDED this month, NOT "to be tested"???
    No Mate, this month we are providing fuel samples to Honda so they can come up with solution in the next few MONTHS. That is a complete joke, lets not mention the 50K I spend for my car

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    *09-CU2-Lux-6MT
    Gday Guys

Today a service adviser from Capital Honda in Phillip called to ask
    me to bring the car next week Thursday as the Rep from Honda
    will be applying a fix for the problem noise (ping).

I will post next week Friday and let you all know how it went.

The car has 8,500 km's and im floggin the guts out of it
    and its producin the goods.
    Thanks
    Vid

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 09
    I received a call too. Will bring my car back Tuesday. Hope they hv the fix, not another testing.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Please, please, please let us know what they do to your cars and whether or not the fix works. If the service department references a Technical Service Bulletin number please share that as well. I am in the states and my Acura TSX has this same problem. I am hopeful that the fix makes it to the US as well.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 LUX NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by eur001 View Post
    I received a call too. Will bring my car back Tuesday. Hope they hv the fix, not another testing.

Where about you guys from, which state. I called Honda dealer yesterday they said no fix is available, a call second dealer same story. NSW

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by mcabut View Post
    Please, please, please let us know what they do to your cars and whether or not the fix works. If the service department references a Technical Service Bulletin number please share that as well. I am in the states and my Acura TSX has this same problem. I am hopeful that the fix makes it to the US as well.
    Our TSBs here seem a lot harder to get hold of here than they arew in the USA. You have the service express website which puts up all TSBs across the board. We don't have a web site here that does that. Everything here seems so secretive.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Euro Luxury
    Ok people, as some of you know I have sold my Euro after 9 months of ownership. However, I thought it prudent to provide you all with the following information given that Honda are yet to find a fix etc.

Unfortunately, due to legal reasons I am not allowed to mention the workshop, the owner of vehicle or any other specific detail, however, I can give enough information that you, the Honda Accord Euro owning community, can make up your own mind when it comes to this problem.

Ok, here is the information that I have obtained DIRECTLY from the workshop whom undertook the tests as outlined in the following blurb.

A Honda Accord Euro owner, lets call him John, purchased an Auto Accord Euro in the last 3 months, since purchase, John has exceeded the initial "run in period of 1,000km's" and had the vehicle serviced by a Honda Dealership.

Subsequently, John has driven the vehicle maintaining extremely accurate log books for his vehicle, noting both the vehicle dispayed fuel economy and his calculated fuel economy, both of which did not differ materially. Over a couple of monthsJohn noticed no improvement in fuel economy figures, despite being an older gentleman whom drove the vehcile "like a grandma", economy in excess of 13 litres per 100km was consistently being recorded.

John, then took his vehicle to one of Australia's top performance workshops whom own and operate their own dyno. This workshop has previously dyno'd earlier Accord Euro CU2's. It was found that the latest CU2 (John's car), had a significantly high AFR ratio, showing a rich fuel mixture, higher than that of previously dyno'd vehciles. In the workshops opinion, the AFR ratios were the significant contributing factor to poor fuel economy, it was also noted that the power was less than previous Euro's of the same model.

It was noted by John that he had not experienced the now widely known "post combustion noise" as advised by Honda. Subsequent to John's visit to the workshop, a couple of other owners whom have recently purchase vehicles, post February 2009, are experiencing similar economy figures and are likely to obtain similar dyno readings when they go for testing.

Thus, as a former Euro owner, I would advise that it may be prudent for people to obtain independent testing on their Euro's, those with "post ignition noise" and those with poor fuel economy and see if there are any trends...IMHO I think there may be some...

Might also be an idea for those whom are having the "fix" performed on their vehciles, both, a pre and a post dyno run is not expensive...
    Last edited by Bobjones; 30-06-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I spent several hours on a Dyno at a friends workshop once i noticed the intermittent (so called Pinging noise) trying to duplicate it under varying load conditions, but unfortunately the post ignition noise has a mind of its on & cant be duplicated under any conditions. We did not take any notice of A/F ratioas i am getting outstanding economy, so that is not an issue. However i do have a base line figure for output at the wheels for future reference & will compare it when the fix finally comes out.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek civic
    supposedly a post combustion noise apparently a software patch and a new nock sensor is the fix

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Bob - be careful comparing dyno numbers even for the same car. I have seen a Euro on the same dyno on the same day deliver 20kw more at the wheels. This was 2 manual CL9s.

And fuel economy at 13l per 100kms is less than what Wheels was getting for real world driving in the automatic CL9. They were getting 14s around town. Is the car with the fuel economy issue an automatic? As those numbers are not that unusual. What does the car do on the highway?