Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    if you run your finger along the cam gear, you will see how that crap comes off, when its baked on, its not so easy to remove.

just keep changing your oil every 5k and it will be fine.
    Its not bake on, it comes off with a normal wipe.

And bad news, I broke this bolt, circled in red.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Subscibed!

I want to learn how you would fix that because it is something that I would do too LOL

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    subscibed!

I want to learn how you would fix that because it is something that i would do too lol
    rofl!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Take the old stud off and put a new one on. Common for people to break that stud.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '92 EG Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Change your oil more often. 5000km/6 months if you are using FEO or a mineral oil, 10000km/6 months if you are using a synthetic. Worry when your engine starts to look like this:

The H22A sitting in my yard under cover is starting to look like that. It's got decent sludging at the moment...Probably not as bad, but still a cause for worry considering its there as an 'upgrade' to my D16Y1.

Should I leave the sludge there and continuously change the oil when the engines in and running? OR should I take it apart and clean it properly before she heads in to the EG engine bay?

Quote Originally Posted by hayashi_1986 View Post
    The H22A sitting in my yard under cover is starting to look like that. It's got decent sludging at the moment...Probably not as bad, but still a cause for worry considering its there as an 'upgrade' to my D16Y1.

Should I leave the sludge there and continuously change the oil when the engines in and running? OR should I take it apart and clean it properly before she heads in to the EG engine bay?
    Woah, if its out, why dont you just take it apart and clean it. Better now than in the car. Change the seals in the process as well. I think the worse thing to happen is the oil pickup get clogged with the sludge...

That reminds me, can sludge build up if the engine hasnt been used for awhile.

Because my car hasnt been started for about a yr before i bought it...

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Take the old stud off and put a new one on. Common for people to break that stud.
    Thanks Aaron, thats good to hear, I was like freaking out when it broke. Shuold I try wreckers or dealers first??

Member Array
    Car:
    '92 EG Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerlo View Post
    Thanks Aaron, thats good to hear, I was like freaking out when it broke. Shuold I try wreckers or dealers first??
    Wreckers won't have that, and if they do they'll tell you to buy the whole head lol It's around 14bux from the honda dealers for the short ones, and 8bux for the longer ones. Bite the bullet man, it ain't that expensive lol

Quote Originally Posted by hayashi_1986 View Post
    Wreckers won't have that, and if they do they'll tell you to buy the whole head lol It's around 14bux from the honda dealers for the short ones, and 8bux for the longer ones. Bite the bullet man, it ain't that expensive lol
    Lol, im just afraid the dealers dont have it in stock and i gotta take public transport till it gets here from japan...

shorter ones cost more? hmm...

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Here's my B16A SiR 2 open

90,000km on her
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Give em' a ring,I'm sure it will be next day delivery.

We still need a DIY on how to replace the bolt.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Do you have to remove the whole lost motion assembly to replace that stud?

Just watch your toque setting if you do... I broke mine on my old D16
    Last edited by Lukezen27; 02-07-2009 at 09:42 PM.
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001