Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 08 CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by eumach View Post
    The Steering rack was repalaced 3 weeks ago. I immediately noticed the difference, I took the car for a longer trip this weekend and it felt like getting a new car!
    Did you find out how they determined your car was faulty without testing or experiencing the problem while taking your car out for drive?

The techs did not experience it when they took it for a spin..

Do you have the contact details for the service guy you dealt with?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by binhcat View Post
    Did you find out how they determined your car was faulty without testing or experiencing the problem while taking your car out for drive?

He's in Norway... you won't be able to repair your car under warranty there.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord Tourer Exec

They determined that the car was faulty based on the chassis serial number.
    Non of the service guys that tested the car the first time I complained noticed the problem, I guess they were to hard on the steering wheel, the problem was only noticed when turning the steering wheel slowly.

The service guy did not want me to give out his contact detailes. The service request was managed by the central Honda service management.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 08 CU2
    I was afraid you would say that...

Any chance of him checking my Chassis # to see if it is a faulty batch? I will provide # for him he can.

Do you know what the proper term for this problem is called or is it 'lumpy steering'?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord Tourer Exec

Any chance of him checking my Chassis # to see if it is a faulty batch? I will provide # for him he can.

Do you know what the proper term for this problem is called or is it 'lumpy steering'?
    He did not check it him self, the Chassis # was sent to Honda Norway/Scandinavia.
    How about your local dealership, can't they check your Chassis #?

He did not confirm that the problem is called Lumpy Steering. I nor did push him on the question, I was so happy getting the car fixed.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord Tourer Exec

Binhcat,

Take a look at this article, the steering problem has been identified in UK, the UK cars are right hand driven like yours.

"Technicians at Honda have solved the mystery of our Accord Tourer’s spooky steering, with an un-nerving ‘groove’ just off centre, not unlike the sensation of tramlining.
    Forensic inquiries found that “the wrong kind of grease” was used on this early model’s steering rack, causing the turn-in “stickiness”.
    The rack has been replaced and Honda wants Accord drivers affected by this problem to contact their dealers so it can be remedied. They emphasise that Accords have been affected on a “random basis” and it is not a safety issue."

http://www.businesscar.co.uk/story.a...storycode=4564.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 08 CU2
    eumach,

Thank you so much for the link.

Lets see what those Honda service people got to say now.. Pricks!!