Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 5th Gen

heavy duty exedy clutch

im going to be changing my flywheel and clutch soon. i have found the fidanza flywheel on ebay but i cant seem to find the exedy heavy duty clutch for my 5th gen just wondering if anyone can help me, and please tell me how much do they go for. thanks alot :side:

and i'll be getting some light weight rims as well, will the lightweight rims change anything on the car? my rims i have now are really heavy lol they are 18 inch bsa rims they prob over 10kg+ each wheel, the rims im getting are 5kg each will this be any difference? thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EB2
    hey buddy most good mechanics should be able to hook you up, or otherwise look up your yellowpages for a clutch place and ask.

yes, lighter rims you'd feel a difference especially in acceleration from standstill. even downsizing from 18s to 17s you'd feel some diff, down to 16-15 even moreso!

if you're getting lighter weight 5kg wheels you'd definitely feel the difference...

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude, Civic, Firestorm
    hey mate exedy clutch for h22a/h23a

exhck-6521hd

wholesale is $350+gst so if u find someone who'll sell ya one, tell them u found one elsewhere for like $400 or something but you'd prefer to go with them coz they're good blokes haha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by J2daW View Post
    hey mate exedy clutch for h22a/h23a

exhck-6521hd

wholesale is $350+gst so if u find someone who'll sell ya one, tell them u found one elsewhere for like $400 or something but you'd prefer to go with them coz they're good blokes haha
    wholesale? wat do u mean? lol

Member Array
    Car:
    bb6 Type S
    wholesale as in thats what the retailer buys it off the manufacturer/distributor

so by saying you've seen it for 400 it sounds like a price that is in the ballpark for a regular mark up on the product

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    prelude 5th gen
    and i'll be getting some light weight rims as well, will the lightweight rims change anything on the car? my rims i have now are really heavy lol they are 18 inch bsa rims they prob over 10kg+ each wheel, the rims im getting are 5kg each will this be any difference? thanks
    ================================================== ========
    what lightweight rim s are you getting,brand? and how much?

Member Array
    Car:
    99 Prelude VTIR
    100% difference you will a massive change in acceleration. and Fidanza with exedy ftw ive got that setup and never looked back =)!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord
    This guy on ebay does excedy clutches i emailed him about a clutch a little while ago he had a really good price, $360 for heavy duty for an accord, should be round that for a lude too. says he can get anything. http://myworld.ebay.com.au/brakesclu...:X:RTQ:AU:1181

Newcomer Array
    should be careful with what ur buying though, i had a mate who bought an exedy sports organic clutch from some shop in melbourne and went to another place to get installed and got told it was a fake

Member Array
    Car:
    '89 3rd gen prelude
    I went from 18-19kg 17" chrome rims (inc tyres) to some nice 15's that weighed around 14kg with tyres. So I saved nearly 20kg on the whole car. The difference was amazing, acceleration was lighter. Steering wasn't as heavy, and cornering was also improved (although the wheel alignment helped that :P).