Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EKI>EG4>DC2>EM1

Petrol light does not come on

Hey there guys, just wondering why my petrol light does not come on when its on red(low), is this a comon problem as this was the same as my eg aswell...

Thanks

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EG CIVIC
    im pretty sure its your fuel sender, though don't take my words for it,,,, that's something you rather take to a mechanic, unless you want to stuff around,

are you sure it doesnt work?? it has to be like waaaaaaaay below "e" for the light to come on! If your sure then check you bulb in the cluster... it might be blown.

either that or its the sender unit in the tank as there is a sperate sender for both the fuel light and the fuel level gauge. the unit will have a float and then another little thing below it which is for the light. if its busted then you gotta replace the whole unit.

edit* http://www.hondapartsnow.com/part-im.../13/455295.png look at #48 you can see the float then another thing hanging down thats what your after
    Last edited by MacDiZZle; 14-07-2009 at 10:59 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EKI>EG4>DC2>EM1
    cheers guys..yeh i tried it to the point where it was below the red e for a while but still didnt come on but ill double check again

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    yeah~i got the same problem b4~ but after i give a full tank of petrol and it works when it come to below E