Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTi-R '94, Vienta '96

My Plans for my wifey.

Hey guys, my first thread about plans for my car.
    not sure if i can post this so please move or delete if i break any rules lol

im not planning any engine mods atm.
    but just few minor things.

i want the JDM look for my dc2:
    - CF hood or Black hood
    ppl have told me u can get done for having CF hood, some told me its ok since its only the hood..but i cant seem to find any CF hoods for dc2's out there. something im stumped on, so guys any tips or personal experience stories would be appreciated =]

- Mugen style lip
    ive already ask Shift performance and yea..they dont got what i need atm.

- Spoon Mirrors
    any info that i need to know? pros and cons?

- Amber Front Indicators
    found a few on ebay but i need someopinions as to if its worth it, i like the look of it but yea..still aint sure.

- Black Rims or stick with what i got if i wanna go JDM?
    was told my rims are from the JDM Accord Type R, confirmation? =]

any help would do guys, or support =]
    thanks in advanced!!
    I'm asian but i hate Cabra roads..ah du ma!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    keep rims!!! wont get much more JDM then them!
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8
    go JDM front conversion. They look HOT,
    Stay with those wheels for the mean time, maybe spray em black if thats what u want.
    get a nice exhaust on it. something that sounds legit, not tinny and crap.
    drop, if it doesn't have one.
    Type R recaro seats.

then it should look heaps tidy..

But it already looks heaps nice

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Dc2R
    Yeah leave the white rims man or go for the 16 inch JDM type R rims (theres a few for sale on the for sale section

as for CF hood and spoon mirrors (not too sure on mugen lip).. JDMYard should sell em (not too sure if they have any in stock)

and correct me if i'm wrong but spoon mirrors are manually adjustable

If you cant get the mugen lip... the Original type R lip still looks good man

Member Array
    Car:
    A Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by RR-04-RR View Post
    Yeah leave the white rims man or go for the 16 inch JDM type R rims (theres a few for sale on the for sale section

as for CF hood and spoon mirrors (not too sure on mugen lip).. JDMYard should sell em (not too sure if they have any in stock)

and correct me if i'm wrong but spoon mirrors are manually adjustable

If you cant get the mugen lip... the Original type R lip still looks good man
    For him to get Type R rims he'd need a 5 lug conversion so just stick with what you got atm because they look fine.

(You can get automatic Spoon replica mirrors also).

Don't go with a carbon fibre bonnet. The benefits of that is more if you're trying to reduce weight of the car, so theres no point if that not your intentions. So either leave it white or just paint it black.

Personally i'd say, get a Mugen front lip and probably color code it.
    And invest in some good suspension so you can achieve a nice ride height and stance for it.
    Also get some amber indicators just to have a bit of contrast from all the white.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney Buses
    Not to forget. Type-R Spoiler or Mugen Spoiler. It'll pimp up the ride heaps.
    Rep me if you think it is mechanically sound

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Dc2R
    Quote Originally Posted by F.O.B Squad View Post
    For him to get Type R rims he'd need a 5 lug conversion so just stick with what you got atm because they look fine.

(You can get automatic Spoon replica mirrors also).

Don't go with a carbon fibre bonnet. The benefits of that is more if you're trying to reduce weight of the car, so theres no point if that not your intentions. So either leave it white or just paint it black.

Personally i'd say, get a Mugen front lip and probably color code it.
    And invest in some good suspension so you can achieve a nice ride height and stance for it.
    Also get some amber indicators just to have a bit of contrast from all the white.
    ahh completely forgot about the 5 lug lol cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    A Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by cymax View Post
    Not to forget. Type-R Spoiler or Mugen Spoiler. It'll pimp up the ride heaps.
    Nah dude, not Type R spoiler. Looks a bit tacky with pre facelifts i reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by RR-04-RR View Post
    ahh completely forgot about the 5 lug lol cheers
    All good man.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    leave pre face lift man doesnt look too bad just respray your grill back to black.. get a nice front lip colour coded some ambers.. your wheels look like ce28's either real deal or replica cant really tell from this angle.. "JDM" is always each person interpretations of style.. its all about doing up cars your own way man.. if you actually search up jdm cars from japan you'll find that a big percentage of them have body kits and killer chromies lol so its just whatever your style is.. put that into your car you cant go wrong.
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    i rekon facelift the front to type-R . looks way better :P

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTi-R '94, Vienta '96
    woo dam, big reply post..
    first of all, thanks guys for ur opinions =] i noe what im gona do to her now.

im considering the jdm conversion but thats for later down the track.
    If not then i'll probly go for the ITR conversion. either one looks hot, jdm looks hotter tho :P
    carbon fiber hood probly a no no now. i was nvr certain to get them, just getting some opinions =]

spoon mirrors come in auto too, friends got a pair but it came with the car when he bought it.

as for mugen lip, i wanna have it black. trying to achieve the panda look as close as possible. rims i'll think about changing them or keeping, how much u reckon they'll go for tho?

umm..what else, nah no wing, i love the shaved look. i'll only have a wing if its ITR, but not this one.

Amber indicators im most certain to get, but someone help me out where to get them from? ive searchd on Ebay, but they don't ship to australia. -_-

well thanks guys for ur opinions =] was an interesting read. anymore discussions would be great, much more to learn for me..
    Last edited by TT44NG; 15-07-2009 at 11:52 AM.
    I'm asian but i hate Cabra roads..ah du ma!

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney Buses
    Quote Originally Posted by F.O.B Squad View Post
    Nah dude, not Type R spoiler. Looks a bit tacky with pre facelifts i reckon.

All good man.
    True. agree with that. He should get his front and rear bar changed to ITR then typeR spoiler will look good on it.
    Rep me if you think it is mechanically sound