Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by chenny View Post
    i just read somewhere that i might get fined for selling it without a RWC so i thought i'd ask just to make sure =)
    What have you been reading and where?
    I think a written receipt will do. The receipt should just say you (seller) have sold the car to (buyer) of (address) for the of ($price)
    include details such as each others license numbers, address and good idea to date it and keep a copy each.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    it is illegal to sell a regoed car without displaying the road worthy at all times
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    really? but heaps of cars are sold and posted forsale without rwc on carsales

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    if u do get pulled up for advertising your car, like for example

"call if interested" on the back of a car

a cop sees it, flags u over, u dont have that blue form in vision, u cop a good fine

when its regoed
    Last edited by EK1.6LCIV; 16-07-2009 at 10:25 AM.

I love J-Cups

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    no law against selling a car without rwc

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    there should be as most will never be able to be fixed up to meet requirements (cheaply anyhow, lol)

and if they do its usually thanks to a dodgey guy who doesnt check much lol

which concludes why I hate imported Nissans as many ppl go that route, where they find a dodgy mech who doesnt give a shit and stamps accordingly

fk if I was in the courts I would inforce huge penalties for such actions lol
    Last edited by EK1.6LCIV; 16-07-2009 at 10:31 AM.

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...htm#Exemptions

To transfer a registered vehicle, a current Victorian Certificate of Roadworthiness (RWC) is generally required however some exemptions are available.

Exemptions
    Transfers may be exempt from particular requirements. Some common exemptions are:

•trailers under 4.5 tonnes GVM are exempt from a Certificate of Roadworthiness and motor vehicle duty
    •transfer between domestic partners can be exempt from Certificate of Roadworthiness and motor vehicle duty
    •recreational motor cycles are exempt from Certificate of Roadworthiness
    •beneficiaries of deceased estates with will or without will may be exempt from transfer fees and/or Certificate of Roadworthiness and/or motor vehicle duty

A person who sells a registered vehicle is required to:

provide the buyer with a RWC issued not more than 30 days before the date of sale
    •complete a vehicle registration transfer form with the buyer and keep a copy for their own records

A person who buys a registered vehicle is required to:

•complete the vehicle registration transfer form with the seller
    •submit to VicRoads within 14 days of the sale the completed transfer form, RWC and fees
    僕の名前はTony です。

I need a new car....lol

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 Del Sol
    you don't need to de-rego a car to sell it without rwc.
    just post it up as $price w/o rwc.
    also each state sells their car accordingly to their state rules.
    Last edited by SuiJin; 16-07-2009 at 11:12 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED9 b18cR crx
    Better off getting an rwc. i think its only a bit over a hundred from racq provided that it is road worthy.
    transfer of rego needs a rwc and the current rego certificatee otherwise they have to buy it and re register it which is more of a hassle i think.
    much worth getting the rwc and selling at a higher price.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM6 CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by defect View Post
    What have you been reading and where?
    I think a written receipt will do. The receipt should just say you (seller) have sold the car to (buyer) of (address) for the of ($price)
    include details such as each others license numbers, address and good idea to date it and keep a copy each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookie ROX
    It's illegal (read $375 fine) to sell or advertise a registered car without a Safety Certificate. They can't actually transfer the registration without.

Your only choice is to sell it completely unregistered (hand in plates) or registered with the Safety Certificate (RWC). You can of course sell it and then unregister it, but you can't hand it over with registration.

If it's unregistered, they have to obtain their own RWC and then start a new registration in which they'll be issued with new plates.

ROCK ON
    R~R
    i found this on boostcruising.com

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3,DC5,CL9,ED6
    Quote Originally Posted by chenny View Post
    thanks 90LAN =)

would it be okay to sell it without the RWC and get them to get it themselves? what'll happen if they don't get one? will we be fined?

sorry about all the questions
    yes it will be ok to sell a car with no rwc and get the buyer to get it themselves..

Last year i bought a car without a rwc and i just had to deal with him and made an agreement that im purchasing his car without a rwc certificate. He also pointed out what is not roadworthy. I also couldn't transfer the name of the car to my name since the car is not roadworthy.

So as long as you let the buyer know what is not roadworthy on your car and should be done will be really helpful to the buyer!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    panda!
    Quote Originally Posted by moogle View Post
    yes it will be ok to sell a car with no rwc and get the buyer to get it themselves..

Last year i bought a car without a rwc and i just had to deal with him and made an agreement that im purchasing his car without a rwc certificate. He also pointed out what is not roadworthy. I also couldn't transfer the name of the car to my name since the car is not roadworthy.

So as long as you let the buyer know what is not roadworthy on your car and should be done will be really helpful to the buyer!
    exactly what happened to my brother!
    stage 1