Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FW to RWD..

S2Krazy Array
    ah shit, sorry, didnt realise there was a second page

I was referring to a 4th gen Prelude.

hmm well if i was gonna pay above 5k ide just stick with gettin the s13 i want.

Sub 5k wont get u a nice 3rd gen

For good condition expect to pay 6-8,000 reasonably.

WHy would u get a s13 over a 3rd gen ???

because i like s13's and that was the car i wanted. and if your right and saying i will be paying 8k for a decent 3rd gen ill just stick to my initial plan and get an s13

Member Array
    Car:
    1988 Prelude
    DONT get an S13!!!!! unless they are modded crazy they handle shity, look shitty, feel shitty and arent that fast. Sure they are faster in a straight line than the 3rd gen but IMO the 3rd gen has much more classy looks, interior etc and a nicer car to drive. Amnd yeah what 91 lude said, under 5k and you will end up with an average one that could bing many problems. I know we are kinda bursting your bubble but it is the harsh, harsh truth.

your not bursting my bubble, i arleady know s13's are great cars so i dont mind lol

I think he ment the sub 5k bubble.

But hey, a sub 5k lude is much nicer than a s13:P

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Vti-R
    There's a lot of cheap S13's, but don't ever get an automatic!
    With the S13 you will perhaps have problems with insurance, body parts are hard to find if you crash it (it's an import)

Any car can be a great car it just depends on how much money you spend on it.

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    well our friend nxx may think the S13 looks better than the lude, or maybe on par with looks, but its certainly easier and cheaper to make big power gains with the s13, whether using a ca18det or a sr20det.

dont worry i hate automatic cars, i cant drive them, everytime i drive my mums auto skyline it feels retarded, feels wrong and ive always got my left hand near the shifter, when slowing down i try find a clutch lol.

once i placed an ad for a manual s13, and this dumbass came in posting saying im an idiot and i should just get an auto and its not much different. seriously whats wrong with people.

anyways, i like the look of both the s13 and the 3rd gens. If the 3rd gen was rwd it would be my perfect car heh, but so far the s13 would be my fav car.

alot of people also seem to think that you cant pick up an s13 for under 5k, i dunno where these guys get there info from but a stocker s13 would go for 5k easily, i know someone who payed only 3.8k for his manual s13, had no probs with it.

anyways, its like i said, if i cant get the s13 ill probably get my friends 3rd gen, that is if he hasnt sold it by the time i save up enough $$

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Luxury
    what since when are body parts hard to come by for S13s??? a mate of a mate had one and he had no problems at all finding parts. it mite be a different story in NSW but in QLD bodyparts are pretty easy and with tuning shopps such as CRed in perth i dont think he will have too much of a problem gettin parts

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTiR BB6
    This is hilarious, at first you wanted to do a RWD conversion to a 3rd gen lude which would cost atleast $10,000, and we find out you wont even pay $8,000 for the lude.
    This thread is pretty pointless, just go get your s13 if you want to, this is a Honda site you know.

Your first 6 words say it all
    Quote Originally Posted by nxx
    K this might sound really stupid but is there any chance of converting a 3rd gen prelude into rear wheel drive?
    Last edited by THRUST; 24-03-2005 at 02:30 PM.