Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9

CL9 Honda JTUNE automatic flash ECU upgrades

I have an auto 07 CL9 . I'm keen on getting the ECU mod to give the throttle response and torque a bit of omph. Hondata flash is what i'm looking at.

http://www.jtune.com.au/products.html

Anyone had this installed ? worth the $1200 bucks ? At the moment i'm only interested in getting plug and play type style mods.. as the car is still under warranty, so if shit hits the fan at least i can get the mode uninstalled.

cheers

bt

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    I think it's still not perfect yet lol, but some people had good experiences with the "prototype", while others had bad ones.

Long read -
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=jtune

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkii_ View Post
    I think it's still not perfect yet lol, but some people had good experiences with the "prototype", while others had bad ones.

Long read -
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=jtune
    After 3+ years it's still not perfect.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    As above read the link.

For better response and torque the plug n play greddy emanage will do the trick or alternatively you can go vipec
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    hmm whos the next guinea pig

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    LOL i have always been tempted !!! But so many bad stories... think i'm gonna stick with emanage ultimate
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Here are some other options. Ranging from the same price to more expensive.

e-manage ultimate: tried and tested. Good value for money. At the end of the day it is still a piggy back computer.

Haltech interceptor: essentially an Autralian made version of the e-manage ultimate. Tried and tested.

Unichip: a few people have tested this with success.

Hondata K-pro TSX dual: no one in Australia has tried this as far as I know. It functions as a standalone computer and gives you full control. Toda australia should be able to install and tune this for you. Since it comes with a plug and play harness it should be very straight forward.

Vi-pec v88: full stand alone, with the ability to tune the drive by wire etc. Similar price to k-pro but much more difficult to install since there is no plug and play harness available. So it could end up costing you more than the K-pro. But still a fair bit cheap than a MOTEC setup.

EFI euro1 or euro4: somewhere between vi-pec and Motec in price. A lot of high end race teams use these computers and they are also very advanced and capable of tuning the drive by wire throttle, VTC etc.

Motec m400: very, very, very expensive but very very very good lol

HKS f-con V-pro: Similar to an e-manage ultimate but far more advanced. It's the closest a piggy back computer will ever get to a full standalone. However you can't tune VTC with it. it's also quite expensive and can only be tuned by an accrediated HKS dealer.

All these options are just off the top of my head. Basically you have a lot more options than the Jtune reflash. If you want something fairly basic, is easily removed and keeps all your functionality go with the e-manage ultimate or haltech interceptor. Anyone can tune them and they're quite cheap.
    Last edited by Chris_F; 24-07-2009 at 12:45 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    Thanks for all the advice,

as for the greddy e-manage ultimate... does this require any tuning, for a newbie, is it better just to get it at the tuners.. anyone recommend any tuners in melbourne.. eastside preferred..

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    all ecu need tuning to make it work to the car

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Emanage Ultimate, Haltech and Unichip can't control VTC if I remember correctly.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 - FN2 - S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F View Post
    Here are some other options. Ranging from the same price to more expensive.

e-manage ultimate: tried and tested. Good value for money. At the end of the day it is still a piggy back computer.

Haltech interceptor: essentially an Autralian made version of the e-manage ultimate. Tried and tested.

Unichip: a few people have tested this with success.

Hondata K-pro TSX dual: no one in Australia has tried this as far as I know. It functions as a standalone computer and gives you full control. Toda australia should be able to install and tune this for you. Since it comes with a plug and play harness it should be very straight forward.

Vi-pec v88: full stand alone, with the ability to tune the drive by wire etc. Similar price to k-pro but much more difficult to install since there is no plug and play harness available. So it could end up costing you more than the K-pro. But still a fair bit cheap than a MOTEC setup.

EFI euro1 or euro4: somewhere between vi-pec and Motec in price. A lot of high end race teams use these computers and they are also very advanced and capable of tuning the drive by wire throttle, VTC etc.

Motec m400: very, very, very expensive but very very very good lol

HKS f-con V-pro: Similar to an e-manage ultimate but far more advanced. It's the closest a piggy back computer will ever get to a full standalone. However you can't tune VTC with it. it's also quite expensive and can only be tuned by an accrediated HKS dealer.

All these options are just off the top of my head. Basically you have a lot more options than the Jtune reflash. If you want something fairly basic, is easily removed and keeps all your functionality go with the e-manage ultimate or haltech interceptor. Anyone can tune them and they're quite cheap.
    How much does the haltech interceptor cost? Has anyone installed it and can vouch for it?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Emanage Ultimate, Haltech and Unichip can't control VTC if I remember correctly.
    When you want drive by wire control and VTC control, your choices are very limited!

Quote Originally Posted by Euro858 View Post
    How much does the haltech interceptor cost? Has anyone installed it and can vouch for it?
    I contacted haltech about this and they said there are quite a few euros in Australia with these installed and tuned. No-one on the forum as far as I know.

You're looking at around $1500 installed and tuned.