Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    C34/RE7/ED6/FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_vtec View Post
    I think it also depends on the condition of your engine too. If the motor has had some track work done in the pass, been drive hard, or high kms and not very well looked after you can expect leaks from any wore out seal. Because Castrol Egde is very thin oil though is a high flowing oil you can get a leak anywhere with old seals. From the sounds of him using i pretty thick 25w-40 oil maybe his given you that because it was something already in his work shop or his trying to hide a leak.

IMO if you drive it daily then 10w-30 FEO is fine as long as you change it every 5k. Even 10w-40 is fine as long as it gets changed every 5k.

I guess you could try castrol egde 5w-30 but be sure to check your oil levels all time to check for any leaks and to see if it burns up because its pretty thin.

Does the stop leak lubricant really works? Or its bullsh**??

i have oil leaks..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by hectic_filo View Post
    Does the stop leak lubricant really works? Or its bullsh**??

i have oil leaks..
    It's only a stopgap solution. Might gum up eventually and potentially cause problems in the engine. Identify where the leaks are coming from and replace the gasket or seal that has failed.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    C34/RE7/ED6/FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    It's only a stopgap solution. Might gum up eventually and potentially cause problems in the engine. Identify where the leaks are coming from and replace the gasket or seal that has failed.
    seems like i have a few gasket to replace. thanks for the info m8,

how bout octane booster?? does it give effect or its bullsh** aswell?

once i get my external seals changed in another month i'll try the edge 5w30 i got during the repco sale :P

my h22a has nearly 200k..wonder how my engine will run.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    seems like i have a few gasket to replace. thanks for the info m8,

how bout octane booster?? does it give effect or its bullsh** aswell?
    Octane booster is BULLSHIT. Stay away from it. You can get deposits in your combustion chamber and in bad cases also kill the cat convertor. Octane booster costs so much for so little. A better alternative would be for you to fill up with 98 RON at the pump instead! Are you using 91 (regular), 95 (premium) or 98 RON (Vpower, Vortex98, Ultimate, Mobil 8000) at the moment?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by migoreng View Post
    can someone explain why 10w40 mineral oil (magnatec) burns more than my current oil, 10w40 semi-syn (motul turbolight)?
    Because Magnatec is full mineral (like FEO) which does not have the additive package that is added to Turbolight to improve its resistance to combustion.

Member Array
    Car:
    C34/RE7/ED6/FN2
    Octane booster is BULLSHIT. Stay away from it. You can get deposits in your combustion chamber and in bad cases also kill the cat convertor. Octane booster costs so much for so little. A better alternative would be for you to fill up with 98 RON at the pump instead! Are you using 91 (regular), 95 (premium) or 98 RON (Vpower, Vortex98, Ultimate, Mobil 8000) at the moment?
    I been using Vpower the whole time unless i dnt have the 4c docket I end up filling up the cheapes octane/premium that i drive pass, Like mobil 8000 or caltex vortex,

I havent tried either octane booster or stop leak,, i just saw these in the shop and they cost a fortune for a small bottle and i wonder are they effective bcoz the price for the size..

Btw i am using the mobil 2000 semi synthetic oil..gud or bad?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I been using Vpower the whole time unless i dnt have the 4c docket I end up filling up the cheapes octane/premium that i drive pass, Like mobil 8000 or caltex vortex,

I havent tried either octane booster or stop leak,, i just saw these in the shop and they cost a fortune for a small bottle and i wonder are they effective bcoz the price for the size..

Btw i am using the mobil 2000 semi synthetic oil..gud or bad?
    Mobil 8000 and Vortex98 are just as good if not better than Vpower. So don't worry. Make sure you use Vortex98 and not the regular Vortex, which is only 95 RON, if you must use 98.

Mobil 2000 is good for the price if you are willing to use 10w-40. Personally, I prefer it over Honda FEO and use it in my other car.

Member Array
    Car:
    C34/RE7/ED6/FN2
    Mobil 8000 and Vortex98 are just as good if not better than Vpower. So don't worry. Make sure you use Vortex98 and not the regular Vortex, which is only 95 RON, if you must use 98.

Mobil 2000 is good for the price if you are willing to use 10w-40. Personally, I prefer it over Honda FEO and use it in my other car.
    98% atm Vpower and my flybuys.. forgot to mention it was the vortex98 not the normal vortex.. but yea most of the time Vpower for Vtec engine

Yea i use mobil 2000 its cheap for the performance it gives compare to other oil.. i always wanted full synthetic the mobil 1 but too expensive. I remember i used to use the valvoline 20-40 its doggy and leave dark marks in the valve inside the engine, clean it out and started to switch to semi synthetic and its clean and more milage
    Last edited by hectic_filo; 23-07-2009 at 06:21 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord VTi
    I'm using Martini Racing. Very smooth and no problems so far.

i run castrol edge 5-30w with OEM filter.

I put 4 litres in and 5,000km's later 4 litres come out. Nothing wrong with it, works fine, sounds great and doesn't leak. Thats why i'm not changing, no matter what anyone says. lol

FEO - Fools Engine Oil hahah.

I use OEM fluids for everything else though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    i run castrol edge 5-30w with OEM filter.

I put 4 litres in and 5,000km's later 4 litres come out. Nothing wrong with it, works fine, sounds great and doesn't leak. Thats why i'm not changing, no matter what anyone says. lol

FEO - Fools Engine Oil hahah.

I use OEM fluids for everything else though.
    I just did my change, put 5w-30 in... makes a world of difference over the shit that that had been originally put in there

Car starts and idles better, and believe it or not picks up more smoothly, used to feeel like it bogged out 2-4k rpm in 2nd
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"