Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

civic eg as a first car?

hi all...this is like my first post...
    so yea...im lookin for a Honda (first car)
    and really interested in the civic eg
    but i no nothin about them
    and would it be too old to drive? its like 15-20 yrs old hey
    well..im guna drive it at least 4 yrs if theres no probs
    so yea~ i need advice pls guys
    and i want an auto...manual seems hard...lol (on my Ls)

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Yep they are a great first car if you get one that has been looked after.
    Learn manual it's worth it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG3
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_EG4 View Post
    Yep they are a great first car if you get one that has been looked after.
    Learn manual it's worth it.
    qft!!

don't give up, in the end its definately worth it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic VTi-R
    manual may seem hard, but its not! Like everyone else is saying, it's definitely worth learning manual

Also, civic eg would be an awesome first car small, easy to drive, good on fuel etc. etc. it'll do nicely as a first! Honda's are also known for their reliability! Whether or not it will last you 4 years is up to how well you treat it

eg civcs are nice first cars man...even if they werent looked after...u can always do an engine conversion hehehe...but all in all should be very reliable if well looked after from previous owner....shouldnt matter if its a 20 yr old car or not...most honda engines still run strong even when they get to 300k+

u can easily make the car look nice too with simple mods

plus u should learn manual...u'll be more satisfied at the end of the day if u've learnt how to drive it
    VTEC = Say My Name!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 EG4
    my 94 EG had 308,000+ km on the d15 when i purchased it. was running great with awesome fuel economy (500-600 km per tank).

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    yea i started off auto bigg mistake you get so bored and manuals so easy 2 pick up i learnt in 2days in my civic

Member Array
    Car:
    EG/AP1
    eg civic is my first car and its great. reliable and fuel efficient! perfect for anyone who goes to school and is low on money.

definately go for manual license! i started off with an auto and just recently changed over. its so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by ITRfaithful View Post
    my 94 EG had 308,000+ km on the d15 when i purchased it. was running great with awesome fuel economy (500-600 km per tank).
    exactly the same here. despite the high km's, never had a problem with it. good first car and as everyones saying, go manual! i struggled with it for a while learning but it becomes second nature

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EKI>EG4>DC2>EM1
    i had the gl eg for quite a while...relatively high ks...but never had a problem...always fired up 1st time...never broke down ..drove to melb and qld from sydney and back...500ks or so out of a full tank...best car ever...

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    EG's FTMFW

they are a sick car. even for a 2nd or third car

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    theyre a great first car, good for commuting, lost alot of value so in terms of selling it off when youre off your ps to buy a big v8 or a turbo charged car with more killawasps you wont loss much if at all money,

they run on the smell of an oily rag, easy to fix in your own garage, just buy one that has had its timing belt & water pump already replaced, save you money and in the long run you'll have one less thing to worry about
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups