Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1

Rolling Lipping Flaring gaurds?

i got my 18's on my s about 2 weeks ago.. when i hit a bump it scrubs and screaches.. i realised today that my front L&RHS Fender lip area is bulging out.. hard to explain but i think you guys know what i mean..

where can i get my gaurds rolled or flared so that it still keeps the lip and make it sit nice n flush n even again..

the guy at the tire shop didn't tell me anything about clearance issues or anything.. so yeah.

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Yeah, this is common.

You can take it to any panel beater to get it done properly, my pref is Nathans Smash in Mcgraths Hill, they do an excellent job, i've also heard Panel 1 do an excellent job.

Useing a guard rolling tool will more than likely crack the paint and you'll be stuck getting them painted anyway.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    ..any idea on a rough price? should i bother doing the rears aswell or just the front.. the rears seem to be fine atm..

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Approx $350 for rolling, a corner. And about $500 if you want to pumped them a little. 8-10mm is possible from the factory guards before they start getting flimsy. Probably a good idea to do the rears as well. I know it sounds a little a pricey, however seen many a destroyed guards from guard rolling tools when it goes wrong.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    shhhiettt.. not cheap.. anyway.. thx mate.. i'll take a further look into that.. also.. any major problems if i leave it the way it is for too long? tire or guard wise?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    WTF $350 a corner thats heaps. most people only charge about $50 lol.
    Or you can DIY it if you know someone with a guard roller :P That's how I did mine, its ghetto az!

The fronts sound fair enough, as you going to have to pump em out abit most likely you will need to respray em. Rear is a easy job and should be no more then $50 a corner.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    yeah, usually they catch the edge of the guard, like when going in and out of driveways. And your left with ghetto guards. I've had this happen twice. As the guard roller didn't do roll them enough. Hence why IMO i'm saying to get it done properly.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    so pumping front = most likely respray..

is there a possible way of gettin out of this problem.. got my tires from tempe.. think they 18x 7.5 or 8 to my memory, not too sure.. but i do remember he bashed in a spacer behind the wheel before he put it in.. should i take out the front spacers and just fix up the bulges on the front? or not a wise move..

any problems if i dont do anything and i just leave it?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit + S2000
    so if i running 7.5/225 front and 8.5/245 rear, can i just do a negative camber instead of rolling the guard??
    Honda---The Power Of Dream!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Yeah negative camber will help, tyre size isn't your issue, rim offset is. What offset are your rims

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Coupe9;N360;CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by vyets View Post
    WTF $350 a corner thats heaps. most people only charge about $50 lol.
    Or you can DIY it if you know someone with a guard roller :P That's how I did mine, its ghetto az!

The fronts sound fair enough, as you going to have to pump em out abit most likely you will need to respray em. Rear is a easy job and should be no more then $50 a corner.
    Your man did a great job on mine. 225 front/255 rear 17x8 and 17x9 +45 offset. Not even done the camber yet and it all works. Amazed how much they could roll them. Even kept the front guard liner.

I am only lowered on Eibach pro springs so not crazy low or tucking or anything.

Pumping guards out is when it gets pricey though.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    so your happy with what my mate did eh :P Good stuff! Take some photos