Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1

Advice on a S2000 2002 n above

Hi all,

I'm interested in getting a S2k with the rear windows in glass. I believe that is the 2002 and above years. I had a look at carsales and having compared the prices with redbook.com.au, I find that many of the cars in carsales are way way over that price range and the mileage is way way higher than the average.

* Private Price Guide $27,300 - $30,800
    * Trade In Price Guide $22,500 - $26,000
    * Average Km 70,000 - 130,000

My question is, is redbook accurate, are pple over-estimating thier cars worth and what is the avg price (good condition and mileage < 100k's) for the s2k?

I adore this car, I have a CRX, but I'm going to sell it off and top up the difference to get this baby..

S2Krazy Array
    $27K-$30K for an 02 model? LOL.

A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Where do you think Redbook get their prices from? Mostly from transfer papers at the state's Road Authorities. And what do buyers generally put their value on paper in order to pay less duty? A lower value of course and hence, you get that sort of prices from Redbook.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    hmm... what an average price for the S2k 2002/2003 then? I think eastern states cars are cheaper compared to western.. and im from perth -.-''

Quote Originally Posted by Davion View Post
    Hi all,

I'm interested in getting a S2k with the rear windows in glass. I believe that is the 2002 and above years. I had a look at carsales and having compared the prices with redbook.com.au, I find that many of the cars in carsales are way way over that price range and the mileage is way way higher than the average.

* Private Price Guide $27,300 - $30,800
    * Trade In Price Guide $22,500 - $26,000
    * Average Km 70,000 - 130,000

My question is, is redbook accurate, are pple over-estimating thier cars worth and what is the avg price (good condition and mileage < 100k's) for the s2k?

I adore this car, I have a CRX, but I'm going to sell it off and top up the difference to get this baby..
    I would take redbook price as a rough guide for the worth of the car. But it's how much u're willing to pay for the car itself. I've seen people asking 40k+++ for S2000 and some asking for less.

I guess at the end of the day, you have to work out how much you're willing to fork out and use the redbook price as merely a rough guide.