Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 354243444546474855 ... LastLast
    FIA is really pissing me off, read this and you'll see why
    http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=38607

I want a bloody serbian F1 team in for next season

The FiA has always been dirty, this is nothing new, since Cosworth is supplying a few teams and I assume that a certain percentage of the sales for engines goes to the FiA & prob Bernies dirty little pockets.

Interesting that Schumacher is coming back -- I always had a theory that he wasn't THAT good a driver (i.e. as much as his history in F1 would indicate) that simply he was driving in a time that rewarded teams with massive budgets capable of digital wind tunnel analysis. It seemed for 2-3 years at least, Ferrari's cars were at least 1s faster than the rest of the field race pace & this was confirmed by how many 1/2 finishes they got. As soon as the rest of the field caught up with the technology etc suddenly it was a level playing field and schumacher wasn't all that good anymore, he was human again.

I personally think that there are better drivers out there than Schumacher and it was visibly demonstrated in the Mondial (sp?) I saw on tele a few times with Schumacher getting his ass handed to him by Marcus Gronholme, Lohb, some European Karting Champ & a champion of champions racer from previous years who I hadn't heard of.. Across several different events / classes / cars etc..

Anyhow -- This will really show what schumacher has & if his arrogance was/is justified. No pressure mate. Crash -- But this time don't take out anyone on purpose.

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 Civic VTi
    if he wasn't any good, wouldn't his teammates have beaten him more consistently. He was able to build a team around him that can win.

True that technology has alot to do with how anyone drives, but best conparison is with your teammate. I think its was probly his age that slowed him down.
    He still did ver well in his last year, almost got the drivers champ.

Quote Originally Posted by ewendc2r View Post
    Interesting that Schumacher is coming back -- I always had a theory that he wasn't THAT good a driver (i.e. as much as his history in F1 would indicate) that simply he was driving in a time that rewarded teams with massive budgets capable of digital wind tunnel analysis. It seemed for 2-3 years at least, Ferrari's cars were at least 1s faster than the rest of the field race pace & this was confirmed by how many 1/2 finishes they got. As soon as the rest of the field caught up with the technology etc suddenly it was a level playing field and schumacher wasn't all that good anymore, he was human again.

I personally think that there are better drivers out there than Schumacher and it was visibly demonstrated in the Mondial (sp?) I saw on tele a few times with Schumacher getting his ass handed to him by Marcus Gronholme, Lohb, some European Karting Champ & a champion of champions racer from previous years who I hadn't heard of.. Across several different events / classes / cars etc..

Anyhow -- This will really show what schumacher has & if his arrogance was/is justified. No pressure mate. Crash -- But this time don't take out anyone on purpose.
    The race of champions isnt a race driver decider, put that guy who beat him in a F1 car and he wont even come close, this should give you a small indication of just how much of a great F1 driver he is, I doubt he will come first in Valencia but it wont surprise me if he did.

Records held by Michael Schumacher

* Most world titles: 7 (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)

* Most consecutive titles: 5 (2000-04)

* Most grand prix wins: 91

* Most wins in a single season: 13 (2004)

* Most consecutive wins in a single season: 7 (2004)

* Most wins at the same race: 8 (French GP)

* Most wins with one team: 72 (Ferrari)

* Most wins from pole: 40

* Most pole positions: 68

* Most front-row starts: 115

* Most podium finishes: 154

* Most second place finishes: 43

* Most points finishes: 190

* Most points scored: 1,369

* Most points in a single season: 148 (from a maximum of 180, in 2004)

* Most fastest laps: 76

* Most fastest laps in a season: 10 (from a maximum of 18, in 2004)

* Most races led: 141

* Most laps led: 5,108

* Furthest distance led in a season: 2,085 miles (2004)

* Fastest race-winning average speed: 153.843mph (2003 Italian GP)

* Most consecutive podiums: 19 (USA 2001 to Japan 2002)

* Most consecutive points finishes: 24 (Hungary 2001 to Malaysia 2003)

* Most consecutive seasons with a win: 15 (1992-2006)

* Most consecutive wins from pole (6)

* Most ‘clean sweeps’ (pole, win, fastest lap): 22

* Largest points gap between champion and runner-up: 67 (2002)

* Earliest title winner: 2002 (in July, with 6 of the 17 races remaining)

* Longest continuous spell with one team: 11 seasons (Ferrari, 1996-2006)

* Most races with same team: 162 (Ferrari)

* Most time between first and last race wins: 14 years, 1 month and 1 day

* Never outqualified by his team-mate in 1992, 1993 or 1994

* Only driver to have finished every race on the podium: 2002

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra
    He did do a lil "testing" late last yearand has helped with the development I think he will do well but i personaly dont think the car is up to it and as for whos beta Schumi or senna id tend to lean to senna but we will neva no but I would like to see Bruno Senna in f1 soon

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 Civic VTi
    early in schumi's career he did race senna and beat him too, it would've been a great rivalry for f1...like rafa vs federer.

seems like lately they've thrown alot of young drivers into f1 hoping they'll come good. But seems like some are just there cos of their name i.e nelson piquet.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    stain master your comment doesn't say anything about how good a driver he was and some may argue that it only strengthens the argument about how GG his car was.

ewendc2r hit the nail on the head when he said "Ferrari's cars were at least 1s faster than the rest of the field race pace".

All of these recods shouldn't go unnoticed but at the same time they should be read with a "grain of salt" due to the race car.

To me a good driver is one that follows the rules and also does well under pressure in a level playing field, and i dont think Michael Shumacher was all that good under this criteria.

dont get me wrong he was a really good driver but i rkn there are better out there.

Hahaha your kidding me mate, he's championship wins are more then double of the driver who has the 2nd most championship wins, I was once a person who didn't like Michael always winning then I changed my mind about him, I suggest doing some research on Michael and you too will find how much of an elite driver he is.

Also the car does play a major role, see F1 drivers aren't only payed to drive the car but their input into development is another key role they play, a driver need to able to do both these things and Michael was superior at doing this, his knowledge, feed back & development skills and appointing the right people at Ferrari to help him win "The Dream Team" it was called, with Ross Brawn on his side which he took with him when he left Benetton.

Now Michael is payed by Ferrari to help develop there road going cars from the F360 onwards & developing there F1 cars, Michael has played a key role in helping Ferrari in their road cars, Ferrari could of employed anyone they have the cash but they choose Michael, his knowledge & skill is just on another level.

And no I don't think there would be a better driver then Michael for a very long time.
    Last edited by STAiN MASTER; 07-08-2009 at 07:09 PM.

F*CK sake... after so much hype and anticipation it looks lik Schumi wont be makin a comebak after all.... FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU :@

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77618

Schumacher cancels F1 comeback

By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, August 11th 2009, 07:48 GMT

Michael SchumacherMichael Schumacher has had to cancel his Formula 1 comeback as a result of the neck injuries he suffered in a motorcycle crash earlier this year.

In a statement issued on his website, Schumacher said that he told the team last night he was not fit enough to race as a replacement for the injured Felipe Massa.

"Yesterday evening, I had to inform Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo and team principal Stefano Domenicali that unfortunately I'm not able to step in for Felipe," he said.

"I really tried everything to make that temporary comeback possible, however, much to my regret it didn't work out. Unfortunately we did not manage to get a grip on the pain in the neck which occurred after the private F1-day in Mugello, even if medically or therapeutically we tried everything possible."

Schumacher suffered a sizeable accident during a German superbike test at Cartagena in Spain on February 11 - which forced him to abandon entering motorcycle races. It had been hoped that the injuries he suffered in that crash would not impact on his F1 return, but medical examinations have indicated that problems remain.

"The consequences of the injuries caused by the bike-accident in February, fractures in the area of head and neck, unfortunately have turned out to be still too severe," added Schumacher.

"That is why my neck cannot stand the extreme stresses caused by Formula 1 yet. These are the clear results of the examinations we did on the course of the past two weeks and the final examination yesterday afternoon.

"As there were no improvements after the day in Mugello, I decided at short notice on Sunday to do that thorough examination already yesterday.

"I am disappointed to the core. I am awfully sorry for the guys of Ferrari and for all the fans which crossed fingers for me. I can only repeat that I tried everything that was within my power. All I can do now is to keep my fingers crossed for the whole team for the coming races."

Schumacher had been due to test an F2007 at Mugello in Italy from today, but there is now little reason for him to see through with that running.

It is not clear who Ferrari will now slot in as the replacement for the injured Felipe Massa, with the team having little more than one week to find a suitable driver.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuu

get ****ed
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

who the fcuk told him 2 ride a bike in the first place... fs...
    sustained bak in Feb 11... almost 6 months on... fs... thought he woulda recovered by now..
    gg

Luca Badoer to stand in for Massa..............