Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    swaybar is a round bar that runs between the lower control arms of each side. Not sure what the deal is with the EM1. On the eg the swaybar mounts in four places. Both lower control arms and the subframe in two places with u shaped brackets. Dunno if that helps. Just look for a bar running along under the back of the car and lube up anywhere it attaches.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    did you change anything in your suspension b4 the noise came? like new springs?
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

I think the bushes of swaybar mount and on the lower control arms are making the noise because the creaking only happened when 1 side of the road is bumpy.
    If there are anything wrong with the shocks and springs, it will have noise when going over a normal speed bump. But in my case, it has no creaking going over normal 20km/h speed bump at all.

soudns more like , that your springs are not held captive ( IE lowered) and when uneven road etc , they make horrible creaking noise as they are actually moving around. My car does the same....nothing too major to worry about tho.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 + 10' Swift
    i got d exact same creaking sound happening wid mine now.. think mine is my shocks, i took my 17's off n back to stockies jus to b safer, coz i got lowered springs too

is this just a problem with civics? its weird cos ive had noises in both my eg and now my em1.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 + 10' Swift
    any car, even a holden or ford

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    soudns more like , that your springs are not held captive ( IE lowered) and when uneven road etc , they make horrible creaking noise as they are actually moving around. My car does the same....nothing too major to worry about tho.
    but my car has OEM stocks and springs, just an upgrade to 17" with low-profile tyre to match the OEM overall wheels size...