Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 TypeR

fitting s2k wheels on dc5r

hey,

i tried fitting s2000 wheels on my dc5r, the front ones went on fine, but the rear ones dont fit properly. does anyone know the wheel offsets for dc5 and s2k. how much mm spacer do i need?

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    Spacer or no spacer, you cannot fit the rear S2000 wheels onto your DC5. The offset of the S2000 wheels are simply too wide for your car.

What you need is another pair of front S2000 wheels.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 TypeR
    so its not possible to extend my studs and put in a spacer?

Running 2 sets of front s2k wheels look sh*t. You need to run 2 sets of rears. They're 16x7.5 +60 i think so you'll need ATLEAST 10mm spacers to clear the struts otherwise it just rubs.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc5r
    ud need 25mm hubcentric ones. and also spacers are illegal. decent ones arent cheap either.

ud be better off finding lower and wider offset wheels to fill out the guards. or better yet dc5r rims.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    AP1 or AP2 wheels?

If they are AP1s and the rears are 16x7.5 +60 as mentioned above then get four of them and run 35-40mm or so of spacers. That will make them fairly flush with the guards, and you will need to roll the rears.

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    I wouldn't be running spacers just to fit these wheels. Unless absolutely necessary, spacers should not be considered an option.

4 front wheels look shit? What are you on about? The wheels would put you in similar offset as the OEM local DC5R wheels allowing you to run 205/55/R16, at the same time clear the brakes properly.

Running 4 rear wheels? That is just sheer stupidity. Even if you get it to fit. You won't improve handling. 16 x 7.5 +65mm with 225/50/R16 is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AP1 F20c View Post
    I wouldn't be running spacers just to fit these wheels. Unless absolutely necessary, spacers should not be considered an option.

4 front wheels look shit? What are you on about? The wheels would put you in similar offset as the OEM local DC5R wheels allowing you to run 205/55/R16, at the same time clear the brakes properly.

Running 4 rear wheels? That is just sheer stupidity. Even if you get it to fit. You won't improve handling. 16 x 7.5 +65mm with 225/50/R16 is simply wrong.
    Yeh the design of the s2k wheel looks sh*tter than audm dc5r wheel WHEN on the Teg. The face is is quite flat, makes the wheel seem like its deep in the wheel well. I've tried it before, doesn't look too crash hot.

The rears sat in-line with the guards tho, that's why I said fit 2 sets of rears with spacers.

Also it's obvious he aint doin this for handling, otherwise he'd just keep the factory wheels. He don't have to run 225/50, 205/45 also fits on 7.5" width.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    spacers are dangerous and should be avoided at all costs for normal road use

besides the fact that they are illegal lol

anyone got pics of a Dc5 with succsessful S2k wheel fit?
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    spacers are dangerous and should be avoided at all costs for normal road use

besides the fact that they are illegal lol

anyone got pics of a Dc5 with succsessful S2k wheel fit?

Wheel spacers are more dangerous than using no wheel spacers, simply because at the very least it is one more point of failure, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that they should be avoided at all costs.

doesnt look half bad
    the reasr look abit wierd but overall looks ok
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    id say juss get the right wheels in the 1st place ... no need for spacers
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680