Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    The 2nd gear issue can be fixed by using a quality transmission fluid. The problem goes away once oil is up to operating temperature. DC5s are extremely easy to modify. I've seen to pretty much all the issues a DC5 has on the track. If you're going to track the car I recommend a good oil cooler (Trust) and torque damper or engine mount upgrades (Spoon, J's Racing).

The Recaro seats always get worn. They can actually be rotated. My passenger seat is in perfect condition and the drivers side is worn. Just swap them and move the recline wheels.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    i;'ve had the 05 type s for over a month now... i odnt get the secon gear crunch.. however sometimes.. when going from 2nd to 3rd, or 4th down to 3rd, i put it in gear, and it jsut pops back into netural... i've still got 9 months honda warranty, so service in the next month or two, will bring that one up.. also my left tail light has moisture in it

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    lol back form the dead.
    If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Ok, weird question and did try searching (no results) but first a quick background to car!

2002 DC5R

Bought almost 1 month ago, at that time had a full roadworthy done and all clear.
    135xxxkms, only mod is a aftermarket head unit and amp+sub.

PROBLEM: my 'check engine' light comes on randomly when car is (cold) or first started in the morn.

it happened around 4 times a week for the first few weeks of ownership, now it happens randomly every now and again??

dont tell me to check the codes because i dont know how to.

what could it be??
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    For that error, you may have to have the error code read to diagnose the issue. theres no engine mods at alll?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    yeh, no mods! weird!!
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    It could be anything, but is most likely something simple and easy like one of the 02 sensors being dead. Go to a dealer and get them to check the codes if you are unwilling.

A lot of the time it is O2 sensor. Very common issue on DC5Rs. Will sometimes put the car in limp mode so to get around that, make sure fuel is primed before you crank it, especially when cold.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by DA9B18C View Post
    yeh, no mods! weird!!
    hey mate, havent seen u for a while now. yeah, most of the time its the O2 sensor as everyone said. Also, get them to check the knock sensor too as its prone to break, but once its broken, it doesnt throw any CEL.

catch up soon

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by blk_shadow View Post
    hey mate, havent seen u for a while now. yeah, most of the time its the O2 sensor as everyone said. Also, get them to check the knock sensor too as its prone to break, but once its broken, it doesnt throw any CEL.

catch up soon

Yeh, have been out of the scene for a while, got into bike's for a bit.

Now, finally in the **** pit of my Red R!! Now I know what everyone meant when they said,
    'nothing compares to a type R!'

Will have to catch up soon
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by DA9B18C View Post
    Ok, weird question and did try searching (no results) but first a quick background to car!

2002 DC5R

Bought almost 1 month ago, at that time had a full roadworthy done and all clear.
    135xxxkms, only mod is a aftermarket head unit and amp+sub.

PROBLEM: my 'check engine' light comes on randomly when car is (cold) or first started in the morn.

it happened around 4 times a week for the first few weeks of ownership, now it happens randomly every now and again??

dont tell me to check the codes because i dont know how to.

what could it be??

UPDATE on the problem-

the car now seems to have a very inconsistent idle.

it starts, after it has warmed up a little, the idle drops to around 300rpm then bounces back up to 1000rpm, it almost feels like the car is going to stall/conk out.

it does this frequently during drives??????
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    mine does that sometimes but its not noticeable on the needle cluster (just from the engine sound, moreso because i have hasport installed) with stock mounts, i never noticed it.