Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 EK4 R56 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by spoondc2
    If you are driving a clio, the back seat will be VERY small for you if you're 194cm like me, cos i need to move the seat as far as the steer i could, but if you're not very tall, it is far enough space for you, integra's rear seat have bit more space even i move the seat as back as i could

Well....... because i don't expect anyone sitting on the back, so i took out the rear seat for both car, not an issue for me at all, i will drive another car if i need to take people, don't expect any coupe can have any comfort on the rear seat
    really?? any police gives shit when they see u have 2 seats only?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSEK4
    really?? any police gives shit when they see u have 2 seats only?
    LOL don't tell the police... i better put it back tonight....
    J/K.... Did alcohol testing at night once, and they don't care about it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Well since I sold my dc2r (daily driver for 3+ years) for a new Clio 182 cup I can say to 100 km/h they would be the same (when the r was modded I/H/E) but after that the r would pull away gently. Cornering- nothing in it although the r has slightly less body roll. Ride- The Clio is amazing considering the cornering. The clio would eat the honda on a small twisty road and throw in some uphills the torque of the clio is awesome in every gear at almost any speed, I know I would have trouble keeping up. High speed sweepers the R was more stable. The clio would also outbrake the r which I still find hard to believe. I have now made the decision as a everyday quick/comfortable car the Clio is better than the r. I still miss the r tho, for a full on driving experience the are awesome but only on the rare occasion where you get to go 100%. Where the clio still kicks arse but you can also relax in it with the leather seats/cruise/speed control and awesome standard stereo, It's a more 'fun' car to drive the way it corners and moves around. No there not as well built as a honda but there not badly built either (remember they are 10k cheaper than the equivalent integra). Finally - Michelan Pilot's rock. I still love Honda's though but their current range, apart from the euro sucks. I just couldn't buy one of those 'fake' AUSDM dc5r's or the S' for that matter (nearly 50k on the road).

hey all

been a while since ive been on these forums.... sooo much reading to catch up on.... and regardless of what most of u think, i like the new type s

anyway this seemed to be an interesting thread... although i have to say i was a little disappointed.... i love honda (big fan... there is room in my garage anyday for one these babys) but people like DaPlaya turn me off honda altogether...

dude u sound like one of those highschool kids that think vtec is hondas answer for turbos...

as i said i think hondas are great cars (specially the type r's... consider they were the only manufacturer in aust. to have the balls to bring out an all out race car) but you gotta give credit where its due....
    i have two suggestions for you and franki.... a) read up on the net or in mags on the clio and b) more importantly drive one!!! youll soon see why they are faster then the tegs in a straight line and around corners (moreso the cup versions)... not to mention they brake better too (quote from wheels mag "the clio's brakes are only second to porshe")... there is a reason why they are known as the "type r killers"

BUT it does have its flaws... the build quality comes no where near honda's and the driving position is horrible!!!..quite seriously, you just cant get comfortable in this car... not to mention the that the tegs look better.... so in THESE respects the honda wins... but when it comes to having some serious fun (not to mention at a great price), then the french has it...

and yes i know ofcourse there is gonna be bias here... after all it is a honda forum... but there is a difference between being bias and being completely ignorant....

anyway i mean no offence... but i just couldnt help myself...

Nah ... I am yet to see a Clio give me any sort of issue. Might be a little unfair tho .

They are a nice car yes, they have a wow factor (bang for buck), they are competitively priced but when it really comes down to it, the R will kill it.

davemaca's post is interesting. The standard ITR DOES lack low down torque. I would have to say the ECU re-map I did was the best thing ever and only now can the car cruise around in whatever gear I am in at the time. It's the ITR's biggest downfall, which I was able to get rid of!

Smile

I don't know how a DC5 ITR compares to a clio since I drive a DC2R.

I do find DC2R a better car in many ways.

Firstly, ITR DOES handles better in most corners. Drive it hard around wakefield park and you will find that the ITR has better turn in and power down when exiting corners. I don't know about mid corner speed cos I don't have a V box. The clio doesn't have an LSD which would have a hard time putting all that strong mid range torque on the ground during corner exits + more understeer in corner exits. Keep in mind that the Honda has double wishbones susp which gives better camber control. The Type R chassis also allows better adjustability via throttle...a little bit of lift off, oversteers a little...The clio might be a little quicker in really really tight hairpins where you won't use too much throttle til the line is perfectly straight during corner exit.

Clio has more body roll, and it kind of hurts the poise...Its suspension actually has a more "race bias" set up than Type R. However, it doesn't even have independent rear suspension...it is so easy to turn on 3 wheels, u dun even have to try hard...

I haven't tested the brakes of the 2 cars side by side, but it seems that I can always brake later than clio sports driven by really good drivers.

The Clio does have more mid range grunt which gives it the advantage over the Type R esp when the Type R is caught off "hi cam". In city, it does make it easier to overtake without the need of shifting down + revving it to 8400rpm and have ppl looking at you.

Finally, just to give you a bit of an idea of how quick these cars are...
    Rick Bates can lap a Clio sport CUP (special susp + tyres) around wakefield park (2005 Sept MOTOR BFYB) in 1.14.20.
    Now me, the average joe (maybe a competent driver but far from a professional race driver) lapped the stock (and I mean totally stock) DC2 R with street tyres in 1.14.15. Yes, my Yoko tyres are prolly better than his but he's Rick Bates!!

Regardless of quickness. The things I like about dc2R are its adjustability, poise, driver involvement (all the scream from hi revving engine), gearshifts...From a driver's perspective, all these driving aspects just feels more "complete" in an ITR.

Ummm... revival from the dead?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

I think most of your reviews are based on the Clio vs DC2R. I'm quite confident that a K20 Honda R can take the Cliio both on the street and on the track. As for torque, the R will take the Clio even on the uphills. Common...how many Clio's have you seen run 13s or 12s NA on the standing quarter? Honda Power no doubt!!!

By the way, guys who are standing up for the Clio get the hell outta here. This is honda only boy! hahaha

Well I drove a clio sport cup (my cuz worked as salesman for holden/renault) and I had few test runs with that car, I think it's ok but just too agly and too small (it's size of jazz or getz) and some people say it's cheap but in my opinion it's not, remember you are not getting sports coupe (like integra) you are getting small hachback that has entery price of under $20000, so that's extra $15000 while integra is completly different story.

Ok back to driving, car is very responsive, first and second gear is great but once it hits third it lacks power, starts slowing down, cornering is simular to Type R, I would not say better but about the same, brakes are great as thay are made by brambo so that's what you expect from them, probably a bit better than R. I had a race with my cuz, I was in my DC2R and was in clio, first two gears he was in front, once I hit third he was gonne, so I wouldn't even say that clio is better in stright line, maybe I could say thay are about the same with slight advantage to R.

So my final concusion is that Type R and Clio are very simular performers but R has better looks and is in class of sport coupes while clio is small buffed up hach that in my opinon is overprised, you put few more $$$$ in and you get yourself Megan Sport (turbo), ITR, WRX and so on.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    i remember having a run with a clio cup (older model) with my sister 03 MX5... straight line he only really pulled 3 car lengths to the end of thrid, and that was with me taking of with big revs and a lot of clutch slip....

through the corners it was really surprising, but i was fighting trying to balance the mazda as the ground was a little wet

i reckon i would give a Clio a good run for its money in the R

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    been there, done that, clip sport with cat back, vs dc2r with full exhaust system. dc2r is the winner

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 DC5R
    Never buy french cars! Very poor quality build....wip the car around for a bit, and things get loose and possibly break.

Everyday driving is okay...but sell the damn thing when warranty finishes!