Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken-f View Post
    Don't put in on wet! ahaha. I meant to like....maybe make it to size, and let it dry and then wedge it in. but again, it might not look that great.
    Yeah but it will still be visible thats the problem

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    wow really? how did u manage to take it off? i heard that the ends were tucked under the side airbag cover and they had to be removed first b4 the parcel shelf can come out.
    Sorry didnt mention I got it done by a car audio place so can't help answer that. Although i did see it when the shelf was out and the sound deadener was laid out under where the shelf is, the back seat side panels were out as well.

They reckon theres nothing i can do besides put the foam on the brake light, when i mentioned to squash down the dynamat they said it wont make a difference.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro (6MT, std)
    You're probably best off taking the parcel shelf out and cutting the deadening material away where the shelf mounting points are (so that the parcel shelf sits flush with its original height/location).

Losing a small amount of the dynamat will make a negligible difference to the cars acoustics. If you're worried about transmission between the (damped) parcel shelf and the body of the car, leave a thin layer (ie, shave it down) rather than cutting it out completely.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    that would probably work but I'd prefer not to cut the dynamat and plus removing the shelf will be a bitch of a job from what I saw. I was actually thinking this morning of using a piece of EVA foam big enough to cover the entire casing of the brake light then stick the same felt as the parcel shelf to it then stick that over the brake light so it looks factory as part of the rear shelf what you guys think?

Also anyone recommend a good car apholstra I can get the felt stuff from?