Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by sodhi90 View Post
    mine also whines on cold start, i might oil the tensioner pulley and see what that does. i got loud injectors too which i have noticed alot of euros with over 50k on them , would injector cleaner help on these engines at all? cheers
    Don't use injector cleaner. All Euros have loud injectors. I have a video of my car back in 2005 when it had about 10000-15000km and the injectors were hell loud already. 4 years on, injectors are still loud but the engine runs fine.

Don't oil the tensioner pulley. You will get oil on the belt and it will start slipping. When it starts slipping, then you lose your charging, air cond compressor and power steering. You can replace the tensioner pulley if it is noisy. I bought a replacement and will swap mine over when I have time. I will probably try to pull the bearing apart to see if it is regreaseable. If you can wait, I'll do a DIY for it so you can follow it.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Listen to the engine bay with the bonnet up. Try to pinpoint the source of the whining. I reckon it is either the power steering pulley or the accessory belt tensioner pulley.
    No worries - I'll try to diagnose it on the weekend and post my results