Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

comments on me buying this JDM 96 Spec'ed Integra

I have checked out this car today and wanted any feedback on this.

some disadvantages of this car:

- no air condition, I may have to buy one from someone in this forum. Will the Aus Spec air con fit?
    - owner is the 3rd owner
    - owners before that did not keep a log book

some good points:
    - low k's
    - is a rare JDM spec

also guys is really worth the trouble getting a JDM model considering the parts availability? And are the aus spec engine and jdm engine parts identical?

I am looking at getting DC2 Type R in the next week but will need your experience/advice and opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Do a REVs check?
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda EGK25A
    i dont know much about integras but it's very nice example of how one should look.
    - MTA APPRENTICESHIP PLUS - SHIFT PERFORMANCE - +++++++

REV's check? how through RACV?

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    the aircon will cost you 1,000 supplied and installed. so u may need to renegotiate the price.

since it doesnt have logbooks, have a mechanic examine it thoroughly. one thing to look out for is the engine should not be burning oil. would probably cost 120 for inspection. then u can drop the price again.

i think the engine parts are identical. things like water pump, oil pump, timing built, etc. but make sure u check the engine mount bushings for any detoriation and the vtec solenoid seal - they sometimes leak oil.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTi-R '94, Vienta '96
    I'm asian but i hate Cabra roads..ah du ma!

hey do you guys know anyone or honda motorwork shops in melbourne that can provide tunes and regular maintainance?

I guess I will get an RACV and REV certificate for this car?

I do know some imports that have a badge saying its an import but I did not see it on this car....maybe I am looking in the wrong place in the engine bay...

Damn, so close to selling everything I have and buying that!

No aircon could be a bugger in summer, but wouldnt be that hard to find all the bits from an AU one and install.

Have a good look and check the compliance plate (should have one if its an import) and check for things like the bolts holding the front guards on (that they are still painted) if they have no paint, or broken paint, then it mave have had front damage.

If you cant do a REVS check, go to a mechanic with the owner and the car, get them to have a look, $21K is expensive though, a little more and you can have an EP3

Good Luck, if you get it we want to see pikkys

Cheers, Tseesinngwailo
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '95 vti-r Integra
    " everything just come more directly than any other i-vtec, you will get what I mean, after you been driven it. "

dude, it has to be good, even the guy's engrish description on the car sounds jdm

thanks guys I will do a REV check through the Vicroads site and may consider doing an RACV check just to make sure. If it all pans out good I will get it in the next 2 weeks

Note: I have checked the bolts at the front and its all good and no chaffing or worn botls, bolts are still painted and the inner part of the bumper and radiator still looks plain stock from japan.

The status check is free online on the vicroads website:

Vehicle Registration: JY668
    VIN/Chassis Number: 6T9REPV97V201X017
    Engine Number: B18C1905808
    Vehicle Make: HONDA
    Vehicle Colour: WHITE
    Year of Manufacture: 2000

Vehicle Registration: JY668
    Registration Status: CURRENT UNTIL 04/02/2010
    VIN/Chassis Number: 6T9REPV97V201X017
    Written-Off Status: NOT-WRITTEN-OFF
    Engine Number: B18C1905808
    Encumbrance Status: NO-ENCUMBRANCE
    Vehicle Make: HONDA
    Stolen Status: NOT-STOLEN
    Vehicle Colour: WHITE
    Body Type: SED
    Year of Manufacture: 2000

F**k me dude this car looks perfect. I wish I could afford it.

One thing I always wonder about is why do DC2R owners bother installing a hot audio system DVD thing, when the car is so noisy that you can't even have a conversation in the cabin when travelling at 100km/h.

Honda engineers took all the unnecessary weight out of the DC2R, and the aftermarket sound system just negated all that work.