Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Debadged my car

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux MT

Debadged my car

Got bored yesterday and decided to debadge the rear of my car, and make the H logo badge black.... I'm pretty happy with the results, what do u guys think?

Was thinking of doing a write up of debadging cleanly and painting badges properly? Do you think this would be of any value?

Member Array
    Car:
    LEXUS GS300
    hair dryer and fishing line?

clean job mate, looks like its been done well!
    3TripleZero

USDMyo

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux MT
    Lol, yeah... hairdryer and fishing line.... was more thinking about writing about painting the badges well so they don't chip over time n stuff

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    clean!! Nice.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicSi View Post
    Got bored yesterday and decided to debadge the rear of my car, and make the H logo badge black.... I'm pretty happy with the results, what do u guys think?

Was thinking of doing a write up of debadging cleanly and painting badges properly? Do you think this would be of any value?
    You debaged the accord euro badge aswell, same trick ?
    -------Black CL9 07 ltd edt----------

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux MT
    Yeah man, same trick... just warm it up with a hairdryer and use some fishing line or a thin lanyard to get under the badge and gently ease it off.... you'll probably have a fair bit of the double sided tape left, but you can rub that off if you keep it warm, and a bit of kero helps too.... Then i just used some scratchX to even out the paint tone as you could kinda see where the badges used to be, looks like they were never there now!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Hmmm.Undecided on the debadged look.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 WRX WRP10
    yeah im not a fan of debadging my car, i see no shame in owning an accord euro and having badges that say that, most cases of debadging i have seen is when people own a lancer GLI for example but take off the GLI badge to make there car seem maybe better? or when people have Executive commodores , they take of the executive badge( i would take everything holden related off :P).

Member Array
    Car:
    LEXUS GS300
    ^ i know what you're saying...few of my friends asked why I'd debadge my accord, when the badges showed it was a V6L (top model)..but i just personally like the clean look of having a shaved rear bar.
    3TripleZero

USDMyo

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux MT
    It's got nothing to do with shame of driving a Euro, i love the thing! lol.... Pretty sure everyone knows what it is, there's enough Euro's on the road... It's not everybody's taste, but i like a nice clean look, hence the debadging...

Ever heard of the saying that less is more?

I prefer the debadged look alot on any vehicle. They make any care look so much less complicated and smoother.
    Last edited by BE.10.WU; 30-08-2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Might just be the angle of the 2nd photo, but it seems like it's made the car look out proportion... like this huge area above the tail lights
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE