Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2008 Luxury Sat Nav
    I think the batteries supplied in the Euro's are shit. Mine is 1yr old and doesn't turn over the motor like it should, especially in a cold morning. I'm just waiting for the day it too fails in my car.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by The X Man View Post
    I think the batteries supplied in the Euro's are shit. Mine is 1yr old and doesn't turn over the motor like it should, especially in a cold morning. I'm just waiting for the day it too fails in my car.
    The problem is that the OEM ones are only330CCA.Mine lasted bit over 2 yrs.Put in a 450CCA for $108.00 and it turns over well now.Even after i left it for a week.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    The problem is that the OEM ones are only330CCA.Mine lasted bit over 2 yrs.Put in a 450CCA for $108.00 and it turns over well now.Even after i left it for a week.
    I've left my 330 and 420 CCA batteries in the car for 4 weeks. Both still started though.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

CCA's mean jack shit if the battery is flat..

This guy could have had a 1500 CCA N200 and if it is flat it still wouldn't start.

A battery should last at least a month of sitting and still have enough charge to kick the car over. Of course if it is a 2 year old battery then leaving it for 4 weeks might drain it a bit much but when its fairly new it should be no problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    ive driven it for about 100kms at varying speeds since i had it jump started, with no real problems. should the battery be charged yet? or do i still gotta worry about it?
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    ive driven it for about 100kms at varying speeds since i had it jump started, with no real problems. should the battery be charged yet? or do i still gotta worry about it?
    It should be right. You might still want to throw a charger on it.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    One of my friend mention to me that trickle charging the batt can sometimes fry the ECU and told me to unplug the +ve cable before plugging to charge. comments?
    Don't disconnect the +ve terminal first. That's likely to cause a spark and blow a fuse, or worse. Always disconnect the black -ve first.

And while charging the battery while it's connected shouldn't hurt anything as long as you have a charger that automatically switches back to trickle, it's no trouble to disconnect the -ve. You should at least remove the -ve. Remove the +ve as well just to be super safe.

If you jump start the car with jumper leads, you need jumper leads with spike protection, or you risk damage to the electronics in the car.

Note that when you disconnect the -ve terminal, you'll need to recalibrate your power windows auto up down, and your fuel trims and trip computer will reset. The car will take about 20 minutes of idling to re-learn how to idle.

- HZ

No the battery will not be correctly charged if it was dead flat. It will still need to be placed on a charger. It is perfectly safe to leave it connected to the vehicle whilst charging but only leave it alone if you have an automtaic charger otherwise keep an eye on it.

Also when disconnected always remove the Negative (-) first followed by positive (+) and when reconnecting the terminals do Negate (-) first and then positive (+).

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    argh that means i have to go to supercheap or something then. means more shopping around for stuff. Such a pain. Even worse when im getting conflicting information.
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Im not trying make it hard on you but to provide you with enough information to make your own decision as to wether you want to be stranded with a flat battery or get the issue resolved now.

Why do you need to go to supercheap auto? Do you live anywhere near or can you get to blacktown?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    argh that means i have to go to supercheap or something then. means more shopping around for stuff. Such a pain. Even worse when im getting conflicting information.
    If the battery is that bad get it replaced under warranty.2yr.full warranty on batteries

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Just leave it dude. If it happens again, you know what to do.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F