DC4 tyre pressure 44psi(300kpa) ?!?!

well, im using stock rims/tires of

195/60R14 86H

front tires shows... Max load 530kg, max 36Psi(250kpa), people tells me to put 30-32 while tyre shops tells me to give it 34-35

funny thing is the rear tyres

it's the same 195/60R14 86H, but on the tyre it says max load 530kg, 44psi(300kpa), that's way higher than what is written on the inner side of driver door? WTF is that, i have pumped it to 44psi and it stands up like a rock! should i pump them to at least 40+ psi? isn't that higher tyre pressure is GOOD for freeway runs? because i do alot of highways.

so yeah... i really don't see there is 44psi tyres on the market unless it's a low profile racing tyre which it is not! what's going on? what pressure should i really put in?

thats the max rating.

optimal for standard tyre is around 30 - 35psi

bit higher for low profile

Member Array
    Car:
    93 EG3
    if they have 2 different pressures from front to back its different brands off tires, you wont encounter any problems either way but id run them at 40 psi yes its harder then recommended but the tyre will last longer and and perform better. manufactures of tyres and car also take into consideration that your car will ride smoother with a little less pressure and you ll also wear your tyres out quicker more money for them.
    i wouldnt go higher than 44 that seems pretty high for a standard tyre.

i have a sweet daewoo with similar tyres and i pump them u to 40 and have no problems.

remember an over inflated tyre will wear unevenly also.