Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rice_4_life View Post
    ouch major decrease. Well I still would like to own a clubsport regardless, love the sound of them.
    Ja, I'm glad I wasnt the one who paid $75k for it

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord
    Best thing to do mate is go for a solid long test drive. Bring a few people along too. If you can cope with four people in that car, going up a hill, you're day to day drive is going to be a dream.

Spoke to the dealer today to get a trade in value for my car. Unfortunately the receptionist got the same guy I test drove with last year when I was looking and decided against the Honda. I'll see what trade in value I can get for the Caprice. I dont think he took me seriously as he knows I've only had the Caprice for a year. I am interested in getting the Accord but it all depends on the trade in value of my car.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord
    Only tips I can give you for that take it to a number of dealerships without mention that you're buying, in which case they might up the value on your and the driveaway price.

Poor Holden's depreciate badly but at least you didn't get the first hit. Great second hand value.

Quote Originally Posted by Shpox View Post
    Only tips I can give you for that take it to a number of dealerships without mention that you're buying, in which case they might up the value on your and the driveaway price.

Poor Holden's depreciate badly but at least you didn't get the first hit. Great second hand value.
    Problem is there are only 2 Honda dealerships in Perth [I know of]

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Does it have to be honda?... the new nissan maxima v6 comes better equipt, at 38 k it has leather seats standard (on all base models).

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Does it have to be honda?... the new nissan maxima v6 comes better equipt, at 38 k it has leather seats standard (on all base models).
    Good point... I will look at options. Not a big fan of the maxima. My wife likes the VW Gold Comfortline.

Just got word that the Caprice is worth $16,000 as a trade in They are going around between $25k to $30k at dealers. $16,000 for something that cost the original owner (not me thank god) $75,000 5 years ago.

I might list her private. See what happens.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    Good point... I will look at options. Not a big fan of the maxima. My wife likes the VW Gold Comfortline.

Fair enough, Im not big on the maxima design either. Just putting some options out there.

another... new Skoda octavia RS sedan...

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleID=65154

http://www.caradvice.com.au/39106/sk...s-first-steer/
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-09-2009 at 08:27 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord
    Just got word that the Caprice is worth $16,000 as a trade in They are going around between $25k to $30k at dealers. $16,000 for something that cost the original owner (not me thank god) $75,000 5 years ago.

I might list her private. See what happens.
    Private it indefinitely. 16K is not surprising from a dealer.

First it developed a stirring shake at Freeway speeds. Now the steering is shuddering when breaking. The've tried and tried to fix it.
    I've heard that later model Commodores (and variants) have very soft bushes at the front end of the radius rods in the front suspension. The symptoms you describe could concievably be due to undamped vibration in these bushes...?

I really can't say for sure whether this is the cause of your car's vibration problem, but it might be worthwhile replacing the rubber radius rod bushes for polyurethane items, and see what happens....?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
    I've heard that later model Commodores (and variants) have very soft bushes at the front end of the radius rods in the front suspension. The symptoms you describe could concievably be due to undamped vibration in these bushes...?

I really can't say for sure whether this is the cause of your car's vibration problem, but it might be worthwhile replacing the rubber radius rod bushes for polyurethane items, and see what happens....?
    Cheers mate. I got this done last week. Replaced the castor bushes (I hope thats the same thing you are talking about).