Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK Vti-R
    Apologies for thread hijack but I got a question about ABS

Am I correct in saying Vti-R has ABS as standard? Cause if so I'm pretty sure I have mine disconnected as I've breaked pretty hard a few times and no ABS. And when I do a 5 lug swap will i have to get non abs EK9 prop valve?

The EK4 had ABS as standard here in Australia.

ABS not kicking in could mean an issue with the module/pump or the ABS board. Could be as simple as a fuse too.

Not sure on the 5lug swap... considering the 5lug rear hubs are more than likely to have the ABS ring and also your front shafts still having ABS rings..... I'd imagine you could get it to still retain ABS with the existing computer by using the appropirate prop valve.

Whether there is a different program on the ABS board between ABS EK civic's I would not have a clue.... ie. say the EK9's equiped with ABS having a different program that is not as intrusive and liking to cut in early compared to the other base cooking models.
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    ekb18c,jazz,eg5
    Quote Originally Posted by 98vtir View Post

Am I correct in saying Vti-R has ABS as standard? Cause if so I'm pretty sure I have mine disconnected as I've breaked pretty hard a few times and no ABS. And when I do a 5 lug swap will i have to get non abs EK9 prop valve?
    There might be a problem with your abs. even though you do a 5 lug swap and get the non abs ek9 prop valve. theres no point as your ek vti-r has only 4 brake lines for the proportinal valve as the non abs ek9 prop valve will need 6. So best thing to do is still get the abs proportional valve and find out whats wrong with your abs.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Vti-R
    Cool beans, I'll check it out. May be a good idea to get the ABS working eh...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Ok, another quick question.
    Ive put it all in and put in new brake fluid, but my pedal feels really soft for the 1st inch or so of travel. Im guessing theres air somwhere in the system.

My workshop manual is a US manual, and i need to know if the bleeding sequence is the same for AUDM models (rear right, front left, rear left, front right)?
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    ekb18c,jazz,eg5
    well us manual would be different because they are LHD so the mastercylinder would be on the left. so they would be opposite to us. AUDM models are RHD so the master cylinder is on the right (if sitting in car) so it would be on the left if facing the car and so you would start furthest away from the master cylinder which is rear left (passenger side).

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Awsome man! can anyone else confirm?
    Back from the dead

Well that is how I do mine.... never had an issue with that sequence when bled properly.
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    when bleeding the brakes
    begin furthest from the BMC.
    hence being an AUDM model EK, it will be located on driver side.
    therefore begin with rear passenger, rear driver, front passenger
    and finally front driver.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Cool, will bleed the brakes again tonite.
    Thanks guys!
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    98 Civic VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by 98vtir View Post

Am I correct in saying Vti-R has ABS as standard? Cause if so I'm pretty sure I have mine disconnected as I've breaked pretty hard a few times and no ABS.
    In 11 years of driving my 98 Vti-R, I could count the number of times I've had the ABS start working on one hand. Only one of those was in the dry, when a 17 year old school kid ran in front of my car when I was about 15 metres away doing 40km/h. You really have to stomp on the brake pedal to get it to come on in the dry. But if you can't get it to come on when it's wet (or a dirt road) and you stomp on the brake pedal, then there's something wrong.

As already said, check the fuses in the ABS fusebox (on the LHS of the engine compartment, behind the power steering fluid and windscreen washer bottles). However, I'd expect a red light on the dashboard if the ABS isn't working - there's a red light for the ABS between the speedo and fuel/temp gauges, and it should come on for a short time when you turn the ignition to on, and again when you start the car, then go out. If the light doesn't come on at all, then check the globe in the dash.
    Last edited by dahondr98; 23-09-2009 at 11:58 PM.
    Don