Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 DC5R Turbo
    Hey James, im running up to 11 or 12 psi on my stock k20a2 engine at peak, is that too dangerous a level? mm i have tuned it down, because last time i got it serviced it was peaking at 1.3Bar.. or about 18psi.. lol i was advised to keep it uunder 0.7bar.

Member Array
    Car:
    Supercharged DC5R
    hey staryknight,

What computer is your car running ?

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    I hav’t pushed the limits of a k20 engine yet, and blown up a turbo k20 yet… can’t wait until the day I do thow …(all for research of course) if your engine is feeling strong, and its tuned, and is handling 18psi then sure keep it there, although I wouldn’t recommend it, those stock rods and just well not as strong as I would like them to be…. But if it works leave it, but on a personal level I wouldn’t be going above 10psi on stock internals.

Regards James

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 DC5R Turbo
    cool, thanks, yeh i think ill listen to what the experienced people have to say and stick with 10psi limit.. i needa get an electronic boost controller soon so i can control it exactly. My car has a motec ecu in it from previous owner, not sure exactly which one, but i might get it dyno/tuned soon just to get a hp reading and ill find out more then.

gosh y dun u guys change to a b20 lower block plus new vtec cams??it will give more power...if nt 4 throttle b20 if nt a supercharged 4 throttle b20....definitely more then enough to wack an evo..

~~~theres no replacement for displacement~~~

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    yes marcus, let's change to an older block design, with the same capacity, with a poorer head design.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    franki,
    there are a few bolton turbo kits out there. greddy, cybernation and a few others (google for k20 or rsx turbo kit) THey make great power and dont really brake the bank compared to a custom kit. Bolton 100+kw.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

sorry wrong b20 for eg ek and dc2 series...hw abt a supercharged k24 block wif new vtec cams for dc5 series??

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    Turbo charge'ing a k20 and k24 engine = much more power than supercharing at the same boost level infact the same goes for B engines

TURBO all the way !!!

Regards James

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2002 Renault Clio Sport
    but u dont run into the dramas with supercharging that you do with turboing..
    ie,
    dont have the cool down period, or as long as warm up period.
    nicer daily driver
    dont get overheating problems on hot days.
    and the kits are cheaper & easyer to fit
    can use normal extractors & dont need a custom setup for the exaust.

and also you will find the more boost you run ie 14-20+ you will need to address the compression... i have seen a couple of high boost examples where the head lifts off the block and leaks @24psi
    high compression is for NA
    lower compression is more acceptable for forced induction....
    Last edited by MR_PEA; 07-03-2006 at 11:35 PM.

A.K.A VTI60Y Array
    Car:
    RUSTED Sleeper
    speak to james BLKCRX HE HAS JUS FINISHED TUNING A DC5R AND IT MADE 220+ATW ON 7PSI
    KK24AA

Franki
    im tellin u now, go for turbo, n/a is no fun.
    U want power "get turbo its the way to go" my car is makin 226.8kws@wheels with a gt30-600hp
    u can't go wrong with a turbo. Make sure u get james BLKCRX to TUNING but

Thnxz again James, for tuning it for me its runnin like a baby. Im lovin it keke havn't lost a race yet.