Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post [FN2R] Interior Lighting

Hey guys,

Odd question; Like everyone else with an FN2R, I have the red lighting installed in the footwell.. But it's really not very strong. Is there anyway to boost the brightness up somewhat (more power?). I'm not very familiar in this field :P

Thanks!
    Last edited by veetek; 09-09-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Typo

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R (FN2R)
    Not to my knowledge. I mean, in my FN2R it's slightly more brighter while the doors are open then dims slightly when the doors are closed. When you say it's not that strong, do you mean it's always been not that strong - or has it gradually lost it's brightness?
    Thinking about intakes for your FN2R? Read my Injen CAI review here! // YouTube Page

Quote Originally Posted by MMike View Post
    Not to my knowledge. I mean, in my FN2R it's slightly more brighter while the doors are open then dims slightly when the doors are closed. When you say it's not that strong, do you mean it's always been not that strong - or has it gradually lost it's brightness?
    Yeah it does the same for me too, but it was never that bright to start with. When I first got it.. I actually had to check whether the lights were on, because I couldn't see it..

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R (FN2R)
    Quote Originally Posted by veetek View Post
    Yeah it does the same for me too, but it was never that bright to start with. When I first got it.. I actually had to check whether the lights were on, because I couldn't see it..
    Hmm, go open your door, and take a picture of it with your phone or something and upload it, I'll let you know if it's the same as mine or not. At least that way if it's not the same as mine, you can take your FN2R to a Honda dealer and get it sorted out under warranty
    Thinking about intakes for your FN2R? Read my Injen CAI review here! // YouTube Page

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    i got a DIY done lol its a neon tube and much brighter than the original led
    Triangular exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by MMike View Post
    Hmm, go open your door, and take a picture of it with your phone or something and upload it, I'll let you know if it's the same as mine or not. At least that way if it's not the same as mine, you can take your FN2R to a Honda dealer and get it sorted out under warranty
    I'll do that man thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sitta View Post
    i got a DIY done lol its a neon tube and much brighter than the original led
    Was it easy to do? Can you give me any other details (where you bought it from etc)?

Ok here is a (really bad) picture of the lighting in my R. Bear in mind, it's 1am in the morning so it's pretty damn dark, so the red lighting should be visible. No dice. I actually had to open the door because the footwell lighting is so dim that I needed the overhead light aswell just to see the pedals. You can kind of see however, the red tinge that the light gives the pedals. Not what I was wanting, or for that matter expecting, either.

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs23/f/20...nsatlant1c.jpg

I plan to replace this crappy light with something stronger, any suggestions?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Yeah the interior light in the type R is quite weak. Any ideas? I'm planning to change it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ktld View Post
    Yeah the interior light in the type R is quite weak. Any ideas? I'm planning to change it as well.
    A previous poster said that he replaced his stock LED with a neon tubing and it's much brighter. I'm waiting on details on this however :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    do a search i think i post a DIY in the DIY page ages ago. bout 2 years ago. The neon you can just get from electronic store such as jaycar. And than i wire it with the light in the glove box. So the neon will turn on when the headlights are on.
    Triangular exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    just buy led strips or neon tubes from ebay. and wire it to the front parkers.. much much brighhter lol.. and only 11 bucks or so for a pair of 30cm led strips. easy!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2
    ive also done a DIY job with aftermarket neon tubes. What you need to do is look for the slim ultra-bright neon tubes. The tube on those is as thick as a pen. theyre about $20 each. or you could go for the strips if theyre as bright

to mount tubes you can either try your luck with double-sided tape or drill it into the plastics like i did. with the rear, i found the perfect place to put the rear neons where u can still fold the seats flat down with no harm done, but i might need to get fotos to show what i did

as for wiring, i paid someone 10 bucks to wire it to the cigarette lighter with wiring hidden away

looks great when its done