Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by huhjared View Post
    I felt and looked at the screw in to make sure that there was not extra gasket... would it be even possible for the filter to be screwed in without a gasket?? anyway anyone knows about engine bay washing? do i just jet the water in?? or is there any precaution? what soap do u guys use?
    oil filter has a inbuilt sealing gasket.
    but it can be caked onto the block due to heat so it rips off.

Suggestion but not sure if ideal, use a steam jet but cover your important components from moisture damage.
    Last edited by Crapdaz; 02-09-2008 at 12:51 PM.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    04 euro
    you can use degreaser on the motor and spray it off avoiding the alternator, battery, sparks air filter etc though i prefer to use a steamer

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by huhjared View Post
    next the bloody oil filter... took like 30 mins before it finally came loose.... THERE IS NO ROOM TO UNDO IT!!! anyone out there with a better technique?? Pls share...
    Go to your local Honda spare pars dept and ask nicely for a: 04151 MW0 305, oil filter removing tool, should cost you approx 10 beer tokens, makes removing oil filters a whole lot easier.
    '08 Euro std, 6MT, 18's

'02 XR6T 320kw at wheels

'78 XC 567kw at wheels

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    all you need is the wipe down your oil filter so there isn't residue and use your clean hand to turn.

that's how i got mine out after a few turns, which was on pretty damn tight.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    Quote Originally Posted by crapdaz View Post
    alarm #2 is that you have oil all over yourself

puahahhaha.
    lmao

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by ms700 View Post
    Go to your local Honda spare pars dept and ask nicely for a: 04151 MW0 305, oil filter removing tool, should cost you approx 10 beer tokens, makes removing oil filters a whole lot easier.
    was gonna mention this too. there is an actual tool made that fits perfectly on the OEM honda oil filters. otherwise, go to any auto shop like supercheap or autobarn and u can get the universal type oil filter tool that fits on a socket. but, as others mentioned, just lube up the O-ring and only hand tighten. should be a lot easier next time and dont need to spend $$$ on tools u dont really need

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    If you get the filter perpendicular to the mount and half turn in reverse and then turn forward you should be able to get the threads to match everytime, sounds like you arent putting the filter on an slight angle.

If a filter removal tool doesnt work theres always the handy long screwdrivers straight through the filter casing. But make sure you pierce through both sides of the casing and center of the filter if you use this method and then use a shorter screwdriver after the initial spearing to turn the filter.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 CL9 LUX
    I actually find it easier to take off the drivers front wheel and go through a small gap through there. I couldn't get enough leverage by going under the car =/
    Mods: Baby seat in the back

after removing the old filter run your finger and or a rag over the filter sealing mount on the block this way u are sure that no debris is left on the sealing surface for the oring seal. and use the oem honda filter with a little fresh oil on the oring and thread on the filter.
    paul