Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I don't think any of those cars that curtis265 mentioned are pussy.

My i think the barina is better then the jazz, thats why i got one. Mines an SRI. 1.8LTR, ABS, ESP, Traction Control, Cruise Control, Air Con etc. Its got it all.

Out handles alot of things and will keep up with those v6 commodores from the lights.

I have no problems driving it.

but if its a looks think i think they're all ok. better things out there though. what about the ralliart colt?? Looks a bit weird but is quick aparently.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Seriously...there's absoutely nothing wrong for us guys to drive a jazz...when my sis went overseas for a month, i decided to drive her vtis (filled with those hello kitty/doraemon accessories on it...meh...) as a daily and leave my dc5r at home...and i actually enjoyed driving the jazz...they're real easy to drive, easy to live with, easy on your wallet, easy to park and lastly...who gives a crap what anyone else thinks =]

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinyo View Post
    Seriously...there's absoutely nothing wrong for us guys to drive a jazz...when my sis went overseas for a month, i decided to drive her vtis (filled with those hello kitty/doraemon accessories on it...meh...) as a daily and leave my dc5r at home...and i actually enjoyed driving the jazz...they're real easy to drive, easy to live with, easy on your wallet, easy to park and lastly...who gives a crap what anyone else thinks =]

Member Array
    Car:
    Its a Subaru !
    who gives a crap what anyone else thinks. i agree with you guys 100% but im just sick of the double standards here. You guys give Ford/Commodore as hoons/bogans as soon as someone pokes fun at the jazz saying its a girly car you guys get all offended and kick up a fuss to try prove how girly it isn't.
    *CHK CHK KEBANGGGG*

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Someone please tell me that micra's aren't ghey.

Anyway, why should anyone invest their manhood in their car? It's like comparing penis size...

'size doesn't matter, it's the motion of the ocean that counts'

Simiarly, it's not how big ur car is, it's how u drive it that makes you more of a hoon/gentleman/oldperson/SUVsoccermum

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    i think the current jazz is no good because its overpriced and doesnt look good, imo

i dont pick cars for what other people may think of me, i couldnt give a ****

but i do cart around alot of fat ****s, so the jazz isnt really an option

fuel consumption and safety are great

and just for daily situations id rather have more power to work with

although that opinion may change as i sit in peak hour more often
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Jazz VTi, '00 RD1 CRV
    I've been driving a stock Jazz for 2 years. I'm a 29 year old male. I couldn't give a complete and utter fuq what other drivers think of my car. I love the thing to bits and didn't buy it to impress anyone - I bought it because I genuinely wanted one.

The girlfriend loves it, and we didn't get together because I drive some blinged out, fibreglassed dumped on its arse defectmenowplease....you get the idea.

You might care about image, and fair enough, you're only 20. One day you'll realise no one else does
    '91 CB7 Accord EXi (my first Honda)
    '07 GD3 Jazz VTi (mine)
    '00 RD1 CR-V Sport (wife's truck)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    if all your mates are driving commodores they've got their own problems already. They don't look manly, they look like bogans. (assuming they want to modify them etc) sorry but its the truth.

if you can drive a car (that you think is girly) and you can stand up to their stupid little taunts then you're the man. so what if they can beat you in a race, at least your car will start every time you want it to.

They're just a bitch ass flock of sheep that are sniffing each other and can't think for themselves...
    Hmmm. Dunno Jase, I normally find your posts pretty fair, but that's a generalisation if I ever saw one.

My brother has been modifying V8 Commodores and Toranas since he was 17 (that's 20 years ago). He loves them to death and wouldn't modify many other cars at all, but he gets in my DC5 and talks about how well the suspension is setup and how strong the engine is etc.. A bunch of my mates are the same... would I consider any of them bogans? Not in this lifetime.

I turn up to the local BP a few weekends ago to find the local classic car club (we're talking Valiant drivers, Monaros and Mopar stickers everywhere)... gave them a nod and a "nice Mango mate" and they say the same for my Honda... except for the Mango part of course. Does that mean I'm a bogan too?

Not meaning to have a go, it's just that sorta shit that keeps this scene from growing into anything worth taking seriously. Sure, there are the wankers in ANY make or model club, but people who modify Aussie muscle cars shouldn't be slapped with the "bogan" sticker. They should just be fellow car enthusiasts with different tastes.

Bitch ass flock of sheep that can't think of themselves...? That's a fanboy. They exist everywhere. Genuine JDM lowoffset rota rays scraping takatagreen bride omgkseriesornothingbawlergangstaphotoshootftwYOOOO O.

Edit: Oh, and for the sake of the thread - Jazz' are awesome. I'm considering one for my next car when I sell the DC5
    Last edited by Waggy; 21-09-2009 at 10:27 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Hmmm. Dunno Jase, I normally find your posts pretty fair, but that's a generalisation if I ever saw one.

My brother has been modifying V8 Commodores and Toranas since he was 17 (that's 20 years ago). He loves them to death and wouldn't modify many other cars at all, but he gets in my DC5 and talks about how well the suspension is setup and how strong the engine is etc.. A bunch of my mates are the same... would I consider any of them bogans? Not in this lifetime.

I turn up to the local BP a few weekends ago to find the local classic car club (we're talking Valiant drivers, Monaros and Mopar stickers everywhere)... gave them a nod and a "nice Mango mate" and they say the same for my Honda... except for the Mango part of course. Does that mean I'm a bogan too?

Not meaning to have a go, it's just that sorta shit that keeps this scene from growing into anything worth taking seriously. Sure, there are the wankers in ANY make or model club, but people who modify Aussie muscle cars shouldn't be slapped with the "bogan" sticker. They should just be fellow car enthusiasts with different tastes.

Bitch ass flock of sheep that can't think of themselves...? That's a fanboy. They exist everywhere. Genuine JDM lowoffset rota rays scraping takatagreen bride omgkseriesornothingbawlergangstaphotoshootftwYOOOO O.

Edit: Oh, and for the sake of the thread - Jazz' are awesome. I'm considering one for my next car when I sell the DC5
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    Its a Subaru !
    Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post

i agree very went said.
    *CHK CHK KEBANGGGG*

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by alcheMist View Post
    Opinions? Thoughts?

I was considering a Jazz as a car of choice, but I've decided to back down since I won't have money for a kit or anything for a while and it looks kind of pansy/girly in my opinion.

I know it can look nice and more 'buff' or what not but what do you think?

Opinions on driving your Jazz as a guy?

Are you getting laughed at by your friends?

I'm not sure how old everyone is here, but I turn 20 soon and cred is all I have, if i get a Jazz, i see it all running down the drain.

THOUGHTS?!
    In Australia, it's marketed toward young women, but are you going to let some ad agency dictate what does and does not suit your needs?

My Jazz is our family car and our only transport at that. It does the job. I chose it because it had far and away more space than anything comparable, and had good writeups for dynamics.

The only similarly priced car superior in dynamics and safety at the time was the Mazda2, which has nowhere near as much space inside. Since the price rises on the 2009 models, my decision may have been different, but the Jazz was the best value option that suited my needs, marketing be damned.