Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I have just got my hardtop install kit today but I'm not sure if everything that's supposed to be there is there.

I guess I'll trust hardtopguy's reputation but does anyone know where to get it installed in Melbourne? I've tried the search function, I've tried google. Maybe I just don't know what search term to use. Anyone have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    Hmmm that'd look good. Grey car, grey windshield and red hardtop. Nice!
    I it very much! Needs a detail but it's been raining every day for the past 2 weeks.

So if any Melbourne S2K drivers see a FOB a SIlverstone with a red hardtop, that's probably me.
    Last edited by irvinchua; 01-08-2009 at 08:52 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000/Elise111
    nice work, hope i can get my one done sooner
    What a Three Seventy Z!

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    looks weird to me esp the side pic.

just looks like the ppl ran out of paint to paint the roof lol....

but hardtop on a s2k is HOT!
    僕の名前はTony です。

I need a new car....lol

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Ha ha!

The color combo kindof grew on me. I think I'm gonna get a set of red lugnuts for the wheels too!

Maybe it's just the lighting but it does not look too bad on this guys car:

Last edited by irvinchua; 02-08-2009 at 08:03 PM.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Coupe9;N360;CRX
    Hardtop = win. Well done!

Bugger what color it is from the outside, from the inside where it matters, it's black.

The best thing that I've noticed when driving with the hardtop is that the car sounds much more quieter. I guess the inner lining insulates a lot of the ambient road noises that the soft top lets in.

My only gripe is that past 70kph, I get some wind noise that is a soft whistle. Any solutions? Is it a fitment issue?

S2Krazy Array
    you need new hardtop strikers.

Usually about $70ea + post from the US.

Will solve your wind problems.....
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

I have replaced the strikers and have had them installed when the hardtop mounting kit was put in. It had stopped the clicking noises that occur from the soft-top anchor hooks when I drive over rough surfaces. The whistling does not come from the top of the frame but rather from the rear of the side windows. The noise does not occur with the soft top on either.

Maybe if I apply 303 Vinyl Protectant to condition the rubber seals on the hard top I might mitigate the problem. Now I say it's wind noise but it may be a buzzing piece of trim. At present I haven't the time to investigate but I'm sure it's wind noise as the 'whistling' only occurs at speeds above 70kph.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    93 EG Civic
    I don't understand why you would not want the roof to go down on a car thats stock convertible.. unless it was for chasis stiffness/track..
    doesn't make sense to me.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by irvinchua View Post
    I it very much! Needs a detail but it's been raining every day for the past 2 weeks.
    *snip*
    So if any Melbourne S2K drivers see a FOB a SIlverstone with a red hardtop, that's probably me.
    I think I saw you going down Princess hwy.... do you have dual HKS or something exhausts?
    Otherwise I saw your car at Officeworks I'm quite sure on Kings way... next to the BMW dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Ohh... so your the silver s2000 I saw when I picked up my s2000 with the red hardtop
    I was driving home.. in my silver hardtop I was guna turn around and pull you over and ask to swap! hahaha
    You probably would have thought I was some dodgy asian in a van trying to sell you a home entertainment system
    Last edited by vyets; 22-09-2009 at 05:06 PM.