Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT

strange squeaky rattle sound from sub

well i think its coming from the sub, im pretty sure it is.

i seem to have a squeaky rattle sound coming from my sub, got nfi what it is.

any ideas?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    when its running, run your finger around the edge of the sub, its probably air leaking out from the edge or from a screw hole.... i know it may sound like a rattle but trust me, customers come in frequently with this kinda sound and 9/10 its an air leak around the sub

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    did a bit of trouble shooting and came to the conclusion its my interior panels rattling like a mofo.

only air that was coming from the sub was the air being pushed by it.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    VTEC yo!!!!!!!!!!!
    your sub is too powerful its make the trims come apart lol

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    the main culprit was the scissor jack being loose in the spare wheel well. not as bad now, but still get it a bit lol. and my front speakers seem to push my front door trims off in some places every now and then rofl.

some kids garage

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    350Z, 300zx, Jaguar XJS-C
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    the main culprit was the scissor jack being loose in the spare wheel well. not as bad now, but still get it a bit lol. and my front speakers seem to push my front door trims off in some places every now and then rofl.
    what u should do is get some tape and have the sub running.... stick a little piece of tape everywhere u hear a rattle... turn the sub off and get some hard sponge pieces and try stuff it behind the panels that rattles i managed to get all the rattle in my car sound perfect now.... also make sure all screws are tight coz the sub can losen them ova time...

hope that helps..

Will

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    its normally air leaks in the box.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by will.i.am View Post
    what u should do is get some tape and have the sub running.... stick a little piece of tape everywhere u hear a rattle... turn the sub off and get some hard sponge pieces and try stuff it behind the panels that rattles i managed to get all the rattle in my car sound perfect now.... also make sure all screws are tight coz the sub can losen them ova time...

hope that helps..

Will
    sounds like a lot of buggering around haha, but worth it, where did you get the sponge from and how did you get it to stay in place?

Quote Originally Posted by dupac-> View Post
    its normally air leaks in the box.
    no air leaking from between the sub & box or the screws

some kids garage

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    350Z, 300zx, Jaguar XJS-C
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    sounds like a lot of buggering around haha, but worth it, where did you get the sponge from and how did you get it to stay in place?

no air leaking from between the sub & box or the screws
    u can by it from clark rubber or bunnings i think... its just like a haard foam material... and it hold itself in place if u pack it right...

its a bitch to do but worth it in the end... no rattles no headaches...