Member Array
    Car:
    05 integra type S

help!! dc2r NO VTEC!!! + what ius done to a dc2r on a major service ??

me and a friedn went for a drive yesterday and his cars vtec stoped engaging??
    Stared with delayed vtec... *coming in at 7krpm* then now dies all together??

anybody kno wat it might be ??

ALSO i kno my cars already had a mojor service done but im wondering what that includes??

thanx for everyone who helps in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    T80
    First thing to do is check oil levels.
    If your bothered I had a similar issue so check up on my posted threads and you'll get all the answers you need

made you life easier:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118283
    OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

BRING BACK THE SPOTTED THREAD

Ok from reading topics that catch my eye on OzHonda i've learn't a fair bit from the guys/girls on here..
    By sounds of it your really freaking out cause your temperature of the car is at 1/3 of the way yet ur VTEC doesn't engage...
    BEFORE proceeding to a mechanic which will cost you a fortune..
    CHECK THE LIL THINGS:
    Oil Levels
    Oil Pressure (If u Can)
    Listen to your ECU

MOST likely your service is abit overdue.. Honda's (especially the VTEC's) needa be serviced ALWAYS on time man, if you treat a car right, it'll treat you right. Go about that rule and your car never gives you hassles.

Hope this helps.
    -----------------------------------
    Major service generally means all OILS are change'd, air filters clean'd Etc..
    If you've just had the service done, bust your ass back down to Honda if they did it and get them to sort it out as they just did a major service.. problem lays with them mate.
    Last edited by WATAJK; 28-09-2009 at 08:39 PM.

What WATAJK said.

"Your VTEC could also have fallen off....."

My suggestion go back to the person who serviced your car (hopefully a honda dealership) get them to solve it.
    Best of luck!

Member Array
    Car:
    05 integra type S
    turns out my friends sump plug has been leaking oil.. he parks it on the grass so it wasnbt noticeable.. and he had only done the service 1000kms ago... it was running low on oil so yeah..

hanx for the help boys!!

Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Listen to your ECU
    what sort of noise does an ecu make?