Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array

VTIR (5th gen) vs FTO GPX

hey guys,

having a debate with this guy - he goes "A Mistubishi FTO would probably be one of the quicker cars for under 15k. Power to weight ratio of around 123kW per ton.
    0-100km in about 6.9 secs. I know prelude's run about 8+ seconds....
    Could also look at a 2001 Toyota Celica? Around the same power, a bit heavier. Was designed with Yamaha for memory.
    Possibly a MR2...mid engined, handle pretty well...
    An Autech S15 is out of your budget. There's not too much you can get for 15k which will match a turbo charged car. If it were me I would grab an FTO and upgrade once your off your P's. (won the Car of the Year Japan award if that counts for anything...MR2 had won it previously)

edit: a R34 non turbo (unmodified) won't beat a FTO in a straight line. A Toyota Supra (n/a) might be the closest contender (well for straight line speed anyways)."

ive been in preludes and seen them race FTO's and smoked them or was the FTO just sh*t?

i also thought the N/A supra was one of the fastest stock n/a for around that price - not simply something you "might be the closest contender"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97' honda prelude vti-r
    #1 supra #2 prelude #3 fto #4 celica

you know something like a v6 camry or v6 accord would probably kill them all. fast cars dont always have to have the 'shape' of a sportscar. even consider the dc2 integra vti-rs.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by evilmai View Post
    #1 supra #2 prelude #3 fto #4 celica
    Which Celica u talkin' 'bout? '99'-06 Celica rips 141kw at the fly. its very weight conscious vehicle. Reliable as ****. faster than the 'lude believe me. i wanted to get one, but money constraints made me settle for an EM1. It's a stylish car, but needs more go. ****in frustrating how well honda tuned it. Not much 2 gain from intake/exhaust mods.

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    celica had the same engine as the corolla sportivo.. something like 140 odd kw.. like mentioned above.. and they go hard... that in mind both fto gpx and prelude vti-r all come from factory with 140 odd kw.
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    Renault Clip Sport would give all the above mentioned vehicles a run for their money!...BOTH in a straight line and around a track/twisties straight out of the box...and all this for $10k.

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    lol i know im gunna get bombd for this but why is it that most of hondas cars excluding type rs always come just under powered for their weight like a del sol or ek4 for example the same engine in a 89-91 crx or an eg civic gives alot of cars a good go and arnt N/A supras nuggets they got like 161kw at the flywheel to like 1.5 tones

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    What about a 300ZX NA? Fkn unreliabe tho
    Honbra

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Celica GT-Four Group A was something like 180kW. Probably won't find one for less than 15k. May hold its value better than other cars since we only got 77 of them.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTi-R ATTS 99'
    well i was just looking around, and there are about 6 GT-four celicas in NSW for under 15,000
    this one caught my eye

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=124AC25D9E5B

sorry if im not allowed to post links, donno if i can or not

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Not the Group A, although I guess it does have the engine from one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTi-R ATTS 99'
    yeah i just realized just after i posted, is the group A the model right after the one i posted? i think they start at 96 or something like that? bug light?