Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic TypeR '07 FN2
    Hey Rob,

The setup went well. The speakers sound great and the 10" Rockford sub in the boot compliments it well. As i said previously in the thread, all i wanted was a good clear sound up high or even at moderate sound levels and i think ive acheived this. The response of the sub is very good.

Ive got the sub, front splits and the 2 mids in the back (all Alpine type-r) and connected to the Alpine PDX-5. Very happy that i didn't need a second amp to run the sub.

The PDX-5 is concealed in a recess near the spare wheel, below the boots floor and a single runs out through to the boot for the sub. Steering controls all work as desired, as if it was all stock and the bass and treble adjustments for the speakers are done through the stock head unit, using the fader function.

Word of warning, there is not much room with the doors for dampening within the Civic Type-R. There are crossbeams in the doors apparently to help with the UK safety rating system and to strengthen the doors so dynomating is limited. I wanted 2 rolls for he whole car but could only have 1 roll used.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1 VTi
    Cheers for the reply

Sounds good.

I just have a 1997 VTI sedan so hopefully it will fit into the doors ok. So you recommend atleast 1 layer of Dynomat in the back of the front doors?

Lookin forward to the speakers arriving

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 FN2
    Hey TJ I also have an alpine set up ive got alpine type E splits in front and type s 6 ad a half inch in the back but i was runnina sony amp that doesnt work prop so on friday its gettin a alpine amp put and the im gunna either get 2 12inch type s sub's or just 1 dont know yet

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    I use to have my amp/sub running of the stock head unit via a RCA filter/convertor.
    Although it was a nice change, the sound quality wasnt quite there.
    Then i thought ill invest in a head unit and oh my was i surprised, the SQ went up many folds

Every one who jumps in my car says the clarity is so good.

Still running stock pioneers off head unit