Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    dont worrie mate.. ive gone through 2.. i put a hole in my first one and didnt want anything but... its cheap its durible and its better then stock.. its not koyo but it works perfectly fine for me
    FIGJAM

Quote Originally Posted by 55EXX View Post
    bludger - easy to sat 'no i wouldn't' without trying it or any experience with it.

its cheap enough so i bought it i'll post up a review of it when i get it. read the net and saw the one off bad review here and there but you get that with any product. many haters out there.
    exactly.

no i wouldn't, would rather get a stock one, even if its dearer.

thats just me.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    VTEC yo!!!!!!!!!!!
    i believe ASI provide 30days warranty or something for manufacture defects or items faulty on arrival.
    most likely paying by paypal so that covers you anyway so if you get a product and its not what they described or doesn't do the job properly, lodge a claim with them and they can help you out.

if it does the job, cools the water temps more then why not get it, why pay more for something that you can get which is cheaper, looks better & does a twice better job.

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Im running one, works great

B20VTEC Build Thread

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EH9 CIVIC
    had one on my civic worked great

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CE9A & EJ8
    I have one on my 4G63'd CD5A. Not sure about the civic units, but ill speak from experience with the one I have. While it works well, and out-cools an OEM unit quite substantially, the fitment and overall build quality is poor.

Dont get me wrong, I have had no issues with mine to date, after some 2000ks, no leaks etc etc. It is pretty obvious these things are produced en masse. Poor quality, chinese core, mounting bosses for the thermofans out by several mm etc etc.

There are better (more expensive) options out there, but for the money you pay, you cant really go wrong.

Just check it thoroughly when purchasing off ebay as mine was damaged on arrival and had to be sent back (which they payed for) and replaced, and be prepared to potentially have to do some custom mounting of your thermofan.

hope this helps

GSRSOL

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i've got one, its a no-name brand, it works fine no issues at all, fine was not a problem either.
    I know 3 other people running then without issue also.

End of the day so long as it fits, & doesn't leak it should be fine.
    Last edited by Limbo; 28-09-2009 at 04:27 PM.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    ABSOLUTELY STOKED!!!

its fitment was spot on, fan and all! looks heaps tough and the only small troubles were;

1)the pipes that attach to the rubber hoses was slightly larger which meant sliding the hose over was a bit tricky and the oem hose clamps, not big enough, had to be replaced with some proper 2" screw up type hose clamps (which i think is better anyway).

2) because the core is thicker the bottom bolt on the reservoir bottle had to be undone to it could be twisted back slightly to accommodate the extra core width.

2 VERY EASY FIXES!

time will tell with leaks etc. first day and no signs yet.

one thing i really like was the supplied cap came with a chain so you wouldn't lose the cap. make sure tho when bolting this the the car you do it to the fan bolt and not on the chassis. i've read somewhere grounding your radiator to the chassis can cause 'electrolysis' which corrodes your radiator.

the inner fin area would be approx double that of stock, so its fin volume would approx be double too, so in turn it would have much better cooling capacity. this thing monsters the oem one.
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 EM1
    I say don't trust un recognizable brands :/

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Cxi EK
    How's the performance so far? Have u noticed any gains?

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    can't really get performance gains out of a radiator now can we?

either way good to hear 55exx

Depending on how bad your leak is, you might just be able to get it seal professionally.