Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EK Wheels

EK Wheels

Hi Guys, I'm looking for a set of wheels for an EK Sedan What are the sizes I can go up to?
    Some web sites say I can get 20's in there I don't think they'd fit even if i tryed... I know alot of people go with 16's what do you guys recommend I'm not going to track the car It's a daily driver...
    I'm mainly looking to fill the guards a bit as the stock 14's don't seam to float my boat.. .. I think 18's 17's or 16's I also would like the rim's to be as wide as piratical/possible...

also what do you guys think about white wheels or is that a bit wankie?

Member Array
    definitely not 18s man, too rice imo

17 is not half bad if the spokes curve in before the outer lip of the rim, so the it doesnt actually look that big, oh of course lower profile tyre to go with. see my rims on my build thread, i got 17s

but i still reckon 16s are the best size of ek
    naturally i finished my set.

Member Array
    Car:
    b20 ek1
    if ur not gonna track it. go for the 16s, i use to have 18s and it was not a smooth ride for daily driving... and definately not good for the track. 17s were better than the 18s but still not entirely that comfortable for me. but wasnt too bad. 16s will be your best bet. and width wise... legally u shudnt go wider than 1 inch up from your stockies as i was told by my mechanical engineer who engineered my old car. so i think 16x7s shud be good... hope that helps

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD
    Even if you managed to chuck in 19s or 20s it's not going to fill the guard if you're running stock sussy.

16 would be your best bet for looks + ride. You can go either 7 or 7.5. Offset from +35 to +45 should still be OK.
    • FML •

like eveyone sed get 16's they look good on ek's, performance wise go 15's, 17's n up.. u see nothink but u rims.
    powpoW

I had 19's on my old ej8. It ran all day everyday on 4 bumpstops, had rolled gurads, rubbed like a mother, got stared at like crazy and was a lot of fun.
    It all depends on what you want. If you want comfortable, quiet and normal then don't go big. I loved the big rims back then, but I won't dream of it now.
    Goodluck
    Hondaless.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    15's FTW!

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    15's or 16's would be the best for ek.

~King Of Spam~

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B18CR EK COUPE
    id say 17s with low profile tryes i had 18s on my ej8 and they were jut too annoying

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Sedan
    get some nice 16 x 7's, that way your still keeping it legal and all.
    As if your in QLD (not sure about other states) your not allowed to go any bigger then 2 inches over stock.
    Then some lowered spring and shocks to suit and you would be set.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    15x7
    or
    16x7 for eks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Yep. 16x7 is the way to go.

It's easy to get persuaded to go bigger when you're buying them, but you'll be more happy with 16" as an overall package in the long run. As long as you have a low profile rubber and good suspension job, you'll be happy with the results without looking like a 'try hard' :-)

Good Luck
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34