Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

roll cage questions

Hey Guys

Was wondering if any of you guys are running roll cages in you car and if so any issues with the law. Im debating if i should keep my cage in the civic... considering eg's generally dont get second looks.
    project Ek about to start...

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I don't think they're illegal are they? I see a few every now and then in cars just bring driven around lol

- Technically you need an engineer's cert, even then, its mostly only for a 1/2 cage
    - Most engineers won't engineer a full weld in cage nowadays, i'd be very surprise if you find one.
    - Most car running on the road with a full roll cage don't bother to engineer them anyway
    - So if you get caught, I guess its really up to you if you want to take the risk.
    - I've been pulled over for a 1/2 cage and have been asked for an engineers cert, but then, my then EG was loud
    MFactory Competition Products

Array
    Car:
    115hp 4stroke yamaha
    ^^^^ what he said.
    dont forget to pad it up with rollcage paddings or pool noodle thingo.
    JdmYard, Team POV!

i think the main issue is with roll cages is that u cant have bars covering the doors. if they dont cover the door and its padded you'll be right

hmmm... i think ill run around with it for a while..
    its just a 7 point bolt in cusco cage.. its padded already ... and it doesnt have the bars that run across the doors. .... thanks for the input guys
    project Ek about to start...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4
    What about P Platers? Are they allowed to drive cars with Roll Cages in them?

Its all about if the cages are engineered for the car, not about what plates you're on.
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec_cpu View Post
    What about P Platers? Are they allowed to drive cars with Roll Cages in them?
    It has nothing to do with your license restrictions. Why would they need one though? It'd just be for wank factor most of the time anyway. Very few people getting around actually "need" a rollcage

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    what e240 said... get it engineered so cops won't hassle you.

if I remember wheen engineering my half cage, full welded cage can't be engineered as of 2006?..

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Great to know!

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2 VTiR
    This has been discussed before I'm sure.
    Speak to the RTA not forums, you are able to have a roll cage on the street if;

1: it's a half cage,
    2: does not interfere with access in/out doors
    3: your car needs to be registered as a 2 seater