Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast
    my mate just got a kawasaki ninja in black for 8k
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    btw hyosung sux in terms of power and build quality. dropped my 250 once , got it bak up in one piece no problems. reliable too. not a single problem since i had it.

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    i thought about the zx2r..but again its a bit old...

i dun care about power for the first few months really...not going to take it that hard..dun wanna be in a wheelchair again for another 6 months LOL...

friends at work told me to get the zx2r..i know its an excellent bike..i mean i thought about getting just a shtty road bike..lol...i know i'll look stupid in it...but its only for a few months...o well..see how it goes...
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EF9 SiR
    Ive ridden dirt bikes since I was 10. Im 23 now and just got my RE licence.

Just bought a WR250X. Id recomend that for anyone learning or looking for a commuter.

OG 03' Member #429

Member Array
    Car:
    YA!HONDA!
    cbr250rr honda is da bomb =P
    EG4>CBR250RR>EM1>GOLF>AP1

Member Array
    Car:
    99 civic ek1
    I need some advice and yes I've gone through all 30 pages. I'm contemplating going for my bike license in the next couple of weeks as I've always wanted to ride a bike and not be a passenger. I work 9-5 mon to fri in the city and travel about 28km to get to work. Im a honda fan and would luv to stick to them i.e getting a CBR125R or a big bigger but not sure. I basically want to get a decent ride that has good handling and a bit of power that would last me a while (not looking to upgrade). I'm bout 5 ft 3 so i want to be able to stand when stationary and im not talking about being on my tippy toes lol any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Me5t1za= chicka

dont get a cbr125 - its a 1cyl. 4 stroke with like 9 hp. It is SLOW and expensive.

IMO get a used cbr250 R (single R) cheap , decent power and good handling for a small bike. Also same thing as a RR with a similar look , and lacks the expanded price.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 civic ek1
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    dont get a cbr125 - its a 1cyl. 4 stroke with like 9 hp. It is SLOW and expensive.

IMO get a used cbr250 R (single R) cheap , decent power and good handling for a small bike. Also same thing as a RR with a similar look , and lacks the expanded price.
    cheers for that.
    yes i was thinking about the cbr250 R and i know they have a good resale value if i decide to sell it after a few years. I guess i just have to really look around for a good one as i do know alot of young ppl go for either one.but having said that i don't want one that hasn't been looked after.
    Me5t1za= chicka

Quote Originally Posted by me5t1za View Post
    cheers for that.
    yes i was thinking about the cbr250 R and i know they have a good resale value if i decide to sell it after a few years. I guess i just have to really look around for a good one as i do know alot of young ppl go for either one.but having said that i don't want one that hasn't been looked after.
    don't forget that cbr250's can be a maximum of 21 to a minimum of 13 years old. shit starts to fail with age. IMO a cbr125r is a more reliable bike. plus it teaches you to carry speed into the corner.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 civic ek1
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf3ct0R View Post
    don't forget that cbr250's can be a maximum of 21 to a minimum of 13 years old. shit starts to fail with age. IMO a cbr125r is a more reliable bike. plus it teaches you to carry speed into the corner.
    Yer I've taken that into consideration as well. Although it's in my price range, i cant justify spending 5g's on a bike that old, unless it's been looked after. but even then, it's like buying an old car. I do like the KAWASAKI ZX-2R but there's not many in adelaide. I don't wanna have to go interstate as i like to check it out in person etc. I also will be keeping my civic as well so don't wanna spend too much.
    Me5t1za= chicka

Quote Originally Posted by me5t1za View Post
    Yer I've taken that into consideration as well. Although it's in my price range, i cant justify spending 5g's on a bike that old, unless it's been looked after. but even then, it's like buying an old car. I do like the KAWASAKI ZX-2R but there's not many in adelaide. I don't wanna have to go interstate as i like to check it out in person etc. I also will be keeping my civic as well so don't wanna spend too much.
    If I was to do it all again, I would buy a naked bike, dropping it isn't as painful as a faired bike. working on it would be a breeze as well. high performance 4 stroke 250's are slow anyway. and it still takes forever to get to 180kph, so why bother try getting there in the first place? wait out the 15-39 months for your full licence and be prepared to shit yourself when you hop on a *real* bike.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 civic ek1
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf3ct0R View Post
    If I was to do it all again, I would buy a naked bike, dropping it isn't as painful as a faired bike. working on it would be a breeze as well. high performance 4 stroke 250's are slow anyway. and it still takes forever to get to 180kph, so why bother try getting there in the first place? wait out the 15-39 months for your full licence and be prepared to shit yourself when you hop on a *real* bike.
    I'm not a fan of naked bikes and like i said i'm looking for a ride that would last me a while. I don't plan on upgrading if i get my full licence as my main ride would still be my civic. Plus i'm not a hoon and wouldn't want to get to 180kph anyway. My main focus wouldn't be on power, i just want like a decent daily that has a bit of power, so if needed, i can get out of a situation i.e like that guy on one of the previous pages who was cut off by a truck.
    Me5t1za= chicka