Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    You can get eibach installed for just over $600. There is no way I would pay $990 for King Springs regardless of warranty - I was quoted around $300 for them installed. Considering you will need to pay for a camber kit soon - you are gettting close to D2 Coilover territory in terms of what you are paying.
    Where did you get that price from? I've been asking several shops and the lowest quoted was $790.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by euro77
    Where did you get that price from? I've been asking several shops and the lowest quoted was $790.
    Near the corner of Ferntree Gulley Road and Dandenong Road (Oakleigh) there is a tyre shop (next door to the self car wash). I think it is Donnellans or something like that - there is a large Bridgestone sign out front.

Sorry checked my notes - I was quoted $650 cash (not $600) for Eibach fitted in August 2004. I didn't bargain on the price - that was the first price they quoted me. I decided not to go ahead as I want a shock/spring combo. They have fitted Eibachs to a Euro before - I saw one being done when i was there! Hoipe this helps.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Did the dealer agree to give you back the price difference between the Eibachs and king springs? At least you have 1 avenue. If you don't like it over the weekend, you can complain saying your car is lower at the rear than the fron and looks SHI*.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    I would give Donny's at Oakleigh a Pass when it comes to installing springs... personal experience... think "Installed Upside Down"
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Reminds me of Malaysia, where Kah Motor (when they were still the distributors of Honda) rebuilt my dad's '94 Accord's auto tranny. They assembled the clutch pack with one of the components backwards! The tranny failed within 1 month. The 2nd time, my dad oversaw the reassembly (he studied automotive mechanics) and told the mechanic that the part was backwards. The guy said either way works, no difference. My dad was in disbelief, because that part was not symmetrical, and had the center section thicker on one face. Talked to the service manager, and the service manager started to talk shit to him, stating that he (the service manager! not the tech!) was Honda trained, that this was his garage and all that shit. In the end, one of the head technician came and agreed to reassemble the clutch pack the right way. He knew the service manager was a prick. Hahahha.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    I would give Donny's at Oakleigh a Pass when it comes to installing springs... personal experience... think "Installed Upside Down"
    I'd give them a go - they do lower lots of cars which is more than we can say for this Honda dealer.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    I'd rather you go to a tuner to lower yor car
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    My old Camry's King springs were installed for only $300 (parts and labour) at a tyre shop. This is back in 1999 or 2001 I think.

But yeah, $990 for a set of King srping is way too much..... and if they dare to charge you extra for wheel alignment, then they are ripping you off.

KL1368, I will put my stock spring back and get refund regardless of what the service manager says. Just tell him to shut up, because they are the one at fault at first place. You can also tell your dealer that many other King spring users gave you negative reports on their long term use.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury
    here is what you do, get the refund...go somewhere reputable...preferbly a large chain...get them to do the install. If something breaks due to the warranty on your car, and if honda says its not covered by warranty cause of the aftermarket springs....ask for it in writing that the springs and/or installation are the direct cause. Say you will take the manufacturer and the installer to court for selling you defective goods. i will be surprised if Honda give you anything in writing pointing the liability at another large manufactur. if they dont resolve the claim, take them to consumer affairs / court. Your legal entitiled to your warranty and if not, a suitable explantion that Honda is willing to go to court and defend must be given. A friend modded his HSV in Melbourne and used the same avenue to get a warranty claim. If its done by someone big and reputable, they wont call your bluff. this why honda cant refuse your claim if u service your car else where. Top it off, you have evidence that honda themselves were installing aftermarkets spring from the receipts of the install.

Hey KL 1368.. welcome to the forums and congrats on the new car...

With regards to your unbelievable lowering experience with John Blairs... I still can't believe that you would consider keeping the King springs over the Eibachs you were supposed to get. This dealer is trying to rip you off big time dawg!! Please please please don't pay $1000 for King springs and go get your money back okay?? John Blairs aren't the only dealers out there so don't be scared!! There are other ways to lower the car if the Eibachs won't fit on the 05 model. These forums are FILLED with info for you...

Don't take this shit from anyone!!
    Go get your money back!!
    Don't let the dealer get away with this!!
    Stand up for what is right!!

Tell the dealer that everyone from ozhonda will boycott them if they don't wanna play ball!!

OK rant over...

All the best and good luck with it...

Henry

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    This thread has turned from alarms to suspension!

Either talk about alarms or start a new thread concerning suspension. If the alarm discussion has ended, then refrain from posting.

Understandably you are new to this format KL1368, so for future purposes, please take heed.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by toE
    This thread has turned from alarms to suspension!

Either talk about alarms or start a new thread concerning suspension. If the alarm discussion has ended, then refrain from posting.

Understandably you are new to this format KL1368, so for future purposes, please take heed.
    Toe - he did refer to lowering in his first post - then the story came out re his dealer which everyone took interest. It would be much easier changing the subject line to say "Car Alarm for Euro / Lowering problems with dealer" - than starting a new thread. I am interested to know how this story ends..