Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i know there must be some slack ass cops in the force.. but im pretty sure one out of 10 would be a good cop.. i got assulted by a drunko at the end of last year.. a cop went in on a DAY OFF.. to help me file a physical assult..btw the guy got sent to jail.. =).. he had other criminal charges pending on him.. =)

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    So have you reported your car as being stolen? Did you get a case number?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Speak to somebody higher up, don't walk up to a constable if you don't think you are going to get anywhere they are usually at the bottom of the ladder new to the job. Seriously its not that hard, go to the guys that deal with that sort of stuff not the first constable at the counter. But seriously, you let some jump in your car, and drive then you saw your car again and did nothing about it? I still dont see how some guy managed to jump in your car and just drive of while you were of closing the garage door? Wouldn't that mean that the car was parked in the garage? Where were the keys? Why didnt you take them out of the ignition, since you were closing the garage gate that would mean that the car was parked in the garage?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    Quote Originally Posted by me5t1za View Post
    sorry to hear that man. Which cop station did u report it to?? I'm sure there must be something you could do. As you said it was resprayed, maybe ask around places who do resprays (unless it was a backyard job). i don't think there's many in Adelaide. Adelaide's a small place so I'm sure you'll be able to find something out. Do a bit of detective work and get ur friends to ask around. And like above, totally agree with MrJohn.

i tried to ask most of the paint shop and respary shop, no luck,

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    Quote Originally Posted by SHU-ES1 View Post
    brooo.. wtf?!?! i can't believe people have the nerve to do this to someone, and the police not putting in the manpower and "technology" to help a member of their community. that is horrible, could you go to another police station with your report and information? i hope you get your car back mate, keep us informed of what's going on. all the best with it, and what goes around usually comes back around mate.

well.... it is the way the police work like, no one involved injury, it is not a big deal....

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    Quote Originally Posted by sretocz View Post
    I still dont see how some guy managed to jump in your car and just drive of while you were of closing the garage door? Wouldn't that mean that the car was parked in the garage? Where were the keys? Why didnt you take them out of the ignition, since you were closing the garage gate that would mean that the car was parked in the garage?
    think he meant he reversed the car out from the garage and then got out to close the door before driving off... this is when the other guy jumped in instead of him self and took off
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    99 civic ek1
    Quote Originally Posted by altong0840 View Post
    i tried to ask most of the paint shop and respary shop, no luck,
    I'm sure someone would know something. How did you ask them? Chances are they mite know that the vehicle was stolen if they're mates with them. Make it up, say ur an amatuer photographer, wanna build ur portfolio or watever and wanna focus on the jap specs and ask they've done anything recent etc?? Have u tried asking VIP customs at Gilles Plains?? How long ago was this stolen?
    Me5t1za= chicka

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by altong0840 View Post
    well.... it is the way the police work like, no one involved injury, it is not a big deal....
    Have you reported your car as being stolen and got a case number? Have you also reported your VIN number?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    shiatt !!! i would put more pressure on the cops bro this is not funny sorry for you mate

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    So have you reported your car as being stolen? Did you get a case number?
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Have you reported your car as being stolen and got a case number? Have you also reported your VIN number?
    dude, listen to aaronng
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    agreed. the police cannot refuse to accept your report that your car is stolen.

if you are absolutely at a dead end, I would consider paying for some help from a private investigator, perhaps.

is the car still in your name in terms of registration? if it is, then you have a 'claim of right' and you can take reasonable measures to recover your property.

I'm certainly not advocating the idea of beating the hell out of this person/these people, but, if it was my car, I would try and track down the address of the owner and obtain the keys. I would probably take some friends as witnesses just to make sure things didnt get out of hand.

I'd then sell that particular car as quickly as possible, and get quicktrak on my next car, even though it aint cheap.

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    are you serious the police are hopeless then, as if they wont even look into it
    if your speeding or doing burnouts they will come knocking on your door but as soon as there is a real problem they say bad luck??