Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    B18CEK DC2VTiR
    Thanks for the pics!

Confusion everywhere. i must admit they both look really nice. RM01 sits abit nicer and i can see it would be alot better in regards to ground clearance.

RM01A say they are quieter than the powergetter, so how loud is the RM01!

ive been watching i few clips and the powergetter seems to have a bit more of a deeper grumble but the rm01 when vtec kicks in sounds real nice.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Cxi EK
    well where abouts are u? i'm sure you'll have one or two members would be happy to meet up with u and let u find out, but bear in mind that each car sounds different, the powergetter is prettty loud in itself, for a D series engine, i think the RM01 would be more suited as it's more responsive in the lower end as i find that the D series sounds very laggy. But yes i love the powergetter as it has a very deep sound

Member Array
    Car:
    B18CEK DC2VTiR
    Leaning towards the RM01 haha calling all Perth members. Powergetter or RM01 ? got onee?? Let me hear it!

Member Array
    Car:
    B18CEK DC2VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by EK9 View Post
    btw, RM01A has a 1-piece b pipe... where as the Powergetter is 2-piece (from that pic above).

i just got an RM01A, gonna get it fitted to my EK within the week... can show you pics later on.

imo, i'd go the RM01A... duno, i think it's a better system, plus the low noise levels means less attention. and your nice engine deserves a nice exhaust, hehe.
    anyy pics yett man??

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    nah sorry dude, not yet... change of circumstances. had to get my car cleared for defect today, and was suggested that the RM01A would be too loud, so just got my old crappy exhaust fitted.

but after the actual inspection, i honestly could have had anything on and they wouldn't have cared. blardy inspectors didn't even test anything... anyway, that's a story for another day.

have u decided yet?
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    found some pics for you on ek's

arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    B18CEK DC2VTiR
    oh thanks for those man ! shame about your situation. still like to see your car though. ! waste of time and waste of money the pits yeh. what did you get picked up for??

ive chosen the RM01-A man so those pics help ! wooo just waiting now

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    too low, bald cambered tyres, too loud... basic stuff, but still a pain in the ass + fine + rwc = couple hundred out of pocket

good choice - i wanted the RM01A since i had my car, i should have just bought it in the first place instead of messing around with others. oh the money wasted on impulse buys and crap parts... lol.
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    B18CEK DC2VTiR
    lol sounds like you were unlucky man!

I think we have all done that before man. money NOT well spent. My exhaust is currently an el cheapo one bought years back... also was rollin on 18" chromes LOL and full bodykit. lowered Springs.

how times have changed ! Spend the money ... do it right the first time. damn cliché !

I think the RM01 looks much cleaner, abit more stealth in that it tucks away nicer ! waiting game till mine arrives now ...

BUMP, more pics of RM01 on an EK~!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    k series ek
    do either of the exhausts drone? I mean like freeway driving at 100 kph or above? need a new exhaust for the ek

Member Array
    Car:
    B18CEK DC2VTiR
    somebody confirm this?

i can let you know in roughly 2 weeks. i've got my rm01 exhaust sitting in my room just waiting for my headers !

will post back once all done!

running rm01a on an eg5 with b18c, i think its loud at high revs, and can be annoying at freeway speeds, ie->3500rpms.
    at idle, its non-existant, and slow driving, not noticieable, ir ur gunning it, then yes, it will draw unwanted attention. its livable, barely for me tho